8th Ed. Steam Tanks

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by The Omen, Nov 20, 2011.

1. The  Omen
    Saurus

The Omen New Member

How do people play a steam tank being in CC? As I understand it it's supposed to work like a chariot but it doesn't have a WS value.

The way we did play was this: - the tank is able to "grind" the unit in it's turn as normal. The unit facing the tank then automatically hits the tank in return and just need to roll to wound. In the Lizardman player turn the tank doesn't attack at all but is still auto hit by the lizards.

Is this right, I'd be interested in how other people play this.

2. Stonecutter
    Terradon

Stonecutter Member

You are playing it correctly as per the rules in the Empire army book and the FAQ. Of note, the FAQ changed the Stank's toughness to 10 so it is really hard to wound in close combat and still has an excellent armour save to boot. I generally just try and avoid it or tie it up for a couple turns with a sacrificial unit or two of ranked skinks.

3. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Poison shots could wear it down, but due to the armor save, it will take a while to get that done.

4. Ejpok
    Temple Guard

Ejpok New Member

Hello,
    A Little Necromancy but I dindt want to start a new topic.
    Can I Cast Miasma (signature from Shadow) to decrease the Movmement of the Stank?

5. Stonecutter
    Terradon

Stonecutter Member

Yes, you can. It only decreases the movement by the specified number of d3" but this can definitely help slow it down. Far better to use the small pit of shades or mindrazor on it however.

6. Ejpok
    Temple Guard

Ejpok New Member

Yes i know that but i don't want to risk pit of shades beeing eated by the Seal :)
    Thank you for your help!=]

7. Taipan
    Temple Guard

Taipan Member

Cast 'Pendulum' into it then. You snipe a TG out of your front rank, but you blow half the wounds off the Stank in one go.

If you're worried about Seal, take Blood Statuette and snipe out the Level 2 carrying it.

8. Ejpok
    Temple Guard

Ejpok New Member

I Don't Use TG, And mayby that why i don't have any room for the Blood statue,
    Yeah I always use the Pandellum first just to provoke:)