7th Ed. Stegadon Flank?

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by skinker, Mar 6, 2010.

1. skinker
    Temple Guard

skinker New Member

Can a stegadon get flanked or rear charged if it isn't in battle yet? Thought I remembered that single model units had no flanks, but maybe that's only if US1? Please let me know!

2. Bibamus
    Bastiladon

Bibamus New Member

everything in the warhammer game is a unit. even single characters with US 1 are a unit that follow rulse for skirmishers, thus they have flank. the only units i am aware of that does not hae a flank/rear is the varghulf wich has a special rule for that.
    regarding the stegadon, if you look up the BRB for monster's line of sight it is mentiend there that the line of sight is used to determine what the monster can charge and its flanks/rear so the stegadon can be flank/rear charged as normal.

3. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yeah the steg has a flank and rear, I am pretty sure though that this:

Is incorrect. It doesn't matter what angle skirmshers get charged from, they line up facing the unit that charged them. If a second unit charges, that is when they suffer from being flanked. So single US 1 models cannot get flanked, they have 360 degree line of sight.

4. Bibamus
    Bastiladon

Bibamus New Member

i ment following the rules for skirmishers ofcourse. a second unit can flank a single character after it has been charged to the front