8th Ed. Stomping on a Slann.....

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Coyote Laughs, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Coyote Laughs
    Jungle Swarm

Coyote Laughs New Member

Since a Slann is now just an infantry model, can it be stomped/thunderstomped on?

And again, since it is now just an infantry model, can a slann now take the flying carpet?

2. Mahtis
    Cold One

Mahtis New Member

No, Slann can not be stomped/thunderstomped.

No, Slann can not take arabyan carpet.

The reason is his palanquin rule, which states that even though he's infrantry, he's not a model "on foot"

3. Mr Phat
    Skink Chief

Mr Phat 9th Age Army Support

he cant? why?

4. Mahtis
    Cold One

Mahtis New Member

I don't have the book, but heard/read that the palanquin prevents slann from being stomped. If someone with the book please verify this ^^

5. Slanputin
    Carnasaur

Slanputin Well-Known Member

This is ture: the new Palanquin special rules dictate that whilst it is a Infantry model, special rules, spells etc that effect models on foot have no impact on the Slann. This includes stomps.

6. Juhaaha
    Razordon

Juhaaha Member

Stomp says infantry/Warbeast/Swarm can be stomped, doesnt say anything about only models on foot.

7. Stonecutter
    Terradon

Stonecutter Member

As Juhaaha has pointed out, infantry models can be stomped and since the slaan is infantry, he is subject to stomp. The only items/instances where the palaquin rule that prohibits effects for "models on foot" comes into effect that I can think of are (i.e. where "models on foot" is mentioned):

1) Transformation of Kadron - page 165

2) Arabyan carpet - page 177

3) Cloak of feathers - page 63 Lizzie book (this is also limited to only skink characters). As to why there was a need to duplicate the Arabyan carpet is beyond me when there were so many other great enchanted items that could have been retained.

I would love the slaan to be immune to stomp (along with KB) but the palaquin in no way changes the fact that the slaan is infantry and subject to all the associated benefits/limitations of that unit type.

8. Slanputin
    Carnasaur

Most of those troop types tend to be on foot, and I'm sure the BRB says when flyers aren't flying during the movement phase they're counted as being 'grounded' and thus 'on foot' as it were.
    Nethertheless, I will check up on the actual rule wording when I get home!

9. Juhaaha
    Razordon

Juhaaha Member

it doesnt matter if infantry is on foot or not, it's unit type is still infantry, and only that matters.

10. Slanputin
    Carnasaur

Ah yes I just glanced over the rules and there dosen't seem to be anything which dictates the Slann cannot be affected by Stomps. I think my memory must of been influenced by rumour bias!

11. walach
    Razordon

walach New Member

Yep, sadly stomp away. Oh well...

Presumably was just to remove the need to re-FAQ that he can't use the carpet/transformation of kadon

12. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

On the bright side, if your Slann is in combat with something that can stomp him, you are probably in big trouble anyway. Hopefully it'll never happen!