8th Ed. stupidity - when to move

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Xul, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Xul
    Temple Guard

Xul New Member

I am a bit confused about when to move models who fail their stupidity test. would it be in the Start of turn phase, or the in the Compulsory moves phase, or even in the Charge phase? CM says (among other): ...sometimes troops go out of control for some reason...or because they are disorientated (or just not very bright to begin with).... which sounds pretty like stupidity to me. at the same time, Stupidity says: ...must try to overcome its Stupidity at the start of its turn by taking a Leadership test... and ... A unit that fails its Stupidity test immediately stumbles D6 directly forwards - this move is otherwise treated in exactly the same manner as a failed charge..... what is your opinion?

2. Ilnar3
    Chameleon Skink

Ilnar3 New Member

Compulsery moves are usually things with random movement, like spawn or squiggly hoppers, who have weird and wacky movement values,

Just follow the rules for stupidity, ie, at the start of the phase

3. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Bah, people here have been saying that it now happens after charges so the critical charge can still work with a 'stupid' creature since the test happens in the compulsory moves.

However, instead of just stating that as fact, I decided to look it up. Read page 76 of the BRB, under stupidity. It explicitely says it happens at the start of the turn, and the failed stupidity move happens immediately. Further down it clearly states that this means the unit can do nothing else that movement phase including declaring charges. So yes, they move even before charges are declared.

4. Xul
    Temple Guard

Xul New Member

thanks. confirmed what I thought. I didn't think about charging with the stupid unit - the rules are clear there, just wanted to confirm, when does it make its "stupid" move.

5. Bibamus
    Bastiladon

Bibamus New Member

i heard that rumour aswell, turns out now to be true, so stupidity checks happen before charged and so does the "mea 'ead 'urts" part of it, but not you can't charge with stupidty wich means it actually got worse :((