1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Suds 2021 Catch Up Blog!

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Sudsinabucket, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

HOLY SHIT!!!!

And the Sud-meister strikes again!!!!

That's really frickin' cool!!!

Imrahil and Sudsinabucket like this.
  2. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Sudsinabucket Well-Known Member

Thank you! Yeah, the blue and green look so good! Im really happy I decided on a brighter green, originally was going to do Sotek Green but it was too similar.

Hoping to have it done... Soon*

Working on some homebrew for the Hathorians also in preparation for Animosity III Campaign

* When it's done... it's done lol

Imrahil likes this.
  3. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Dude! RIGHT!? Im still in disbelief lol like, what? And its still WIP! Its just crazy but also so awesome and yeah, just so honored on so many levels by this

Also, Sud-meister lol

Lizards of Renown and Imrahil like this.
  4. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

:D

5. EFHILT 167
    Skink

EFHILT 167 Member

Went on Books app. Found Broken Realms: Kragnos. It's not released yet but it shows an image of perhaps a model of LIVING Kroak? newslann.jpg

Carnikang and Sudsinabucket like this.
  6. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Nah, he's still undead.
    But yes, he has a bit of mummy meat on his bones now apparently.

EFHILT 167 and Sudsinabucket like this.
  7. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Yeah, I haven't pre ordered him yet but I am STOKED to order 1 for Kroak and like 2 for kitbashing goodness lmao

Also!

I have a post coming, probably going to be a big one that might turn into 2 posts.... we'll see. Been pretty busy with a few different things

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  8. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

:eek::eek::cool:

Grrr, Imrahil

Aginor likes this.
  9. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Ok that sounds really good!

Sudsinabucket likes this.
  10. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Can't wait to see the latest creations from the mad scientist that is @Sudsinabucket!!!

I think you were recently cited in a local newspaper as the "Frankenstein of the Warhammer world!" ;)

Sudsinabucket, EFHILT 167 and Imrahil like this.
  11. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Lol If I was cited as that... I'd wear that badge everyday and twice on Tuesday and Friday lol I do often joke that I'm a mad scientist...dare I say...the Moulder of Seraphon........:D:p:joyful::joyful:

12. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Hhhhhhhhookay! I hope everyone is doing well, its been a while! I'm doing ok, though if I'm honest I've been pretty motivationless and directionless. I'll sit down to do some hobbying and like 10 minutes later I just lose focus/drive/whatever. Feel slightly in a creative lull? I dunno, regardless just kinda in a slump. Partly I just have so many projects....starting to narrow down those I want to finish short term vs long term though, so that's good.

However! Exciting news has happened! I was featured on Hobby Roundup, and with my Unirontosaurian! I honestly had to look at the message like 5 times cause I was in shock haha. Not only is she heavily WIP but also a massive kitbash, I didn't think they really did kitbashes on that; so that was really cool. Its really an honor to be on that, I'm still pretty giddy about it lol. I still need to finish it, but we are getting closer, I've begun to work on the howdah more. I was really appreciative to both Louise and Nick's comments and responses to the model, Nick even commented on my Twitter about it, and Louise shared it in her story. Just very cool to be recognized in such a way.

The howdah, speaking on it more for a minute, is definitely coming together even if slowly. The colors are coming together beautifully, although I'm torn on how to paint the salamander heads that poke out on the sides. Any thoughts on that is definitely appreciated!

Just felt like this needed its own post, just such a huge milestone, and happening soon after my 2-year mark, just really an honor.

HobbyRoundupwithLouiseandNick.jpg Howdah.jpg

13. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

So, i have a few blogs on here. Originally I was trying to kind of set up subgroups of projects, but I'm honestly not sure how that's actually working out. So I think I may shift back to just having everything (except maybe lore and my Conquest models) back into this paint blog.

With that said, lets get down to the new happenings!

Ive been busy expanding the Hathorians a bit in preparation for Animosity 3 (you should go check out the prologue i wrote for them, part 1 of 2 or 3, in the fluff/stories section) which includes adding a new unit to the roster: Highland Warriors/Hunters (name pending).

Hathorianhunterwip1.jpg Hathorianhunterwip2.jpg Hathorianhunterwip3.jpg

For these units I'm going for a...someone described as a pack master vibe? The idea is that one Hathorian warrior/Hunter has these warwolves (or are they wolves??) and as they charge into battle together the Hathorian does a volley of javalin or throwing axe (also debating slings) before joining the wolves into melee. The hathorian in the picture is not the one that will be on the stand with them, but simply there for sizing reasons. They will be on the same size base as Maw Tribe Mournfang pack, and I'm thinking 5 per unit and them being a battleline, making them the first battleline unit.

"But Suds, ARE they Wolves?!" you ask, and I respond...."Sorta yes, sorta no'

behold....Wolf-Deer Hybrids!

Deer-Wolfwip1.jpg Deer-Wolfwip3.jpg Deer-Wolfwip4.jpg Deer-Wolfwip5.jpg Deer-Wolfwip6.jpg Deer-Wolfwip7.jpg Deer-Wolfwip9.jpg

So! I know this wont be everyone's flavor, and that's ok, I personally love them lol I really wanted wolves, I know it doesn't make total sense, but I really wanted them. I really love the ferisian wolf models, so it kinda worked out perfectly in that regard; it also allows me to practice making antlers! So for these I took paperclips, cut them, and then put them where I thought the "Root' antler would be and used greenstuff from there. To get the smaller points of the antler i simply pulled. It's hard working with GS like this, so I need to figure out a better way to make them. i think for my first two pair of antlers though they came out ok, definitely room for improvement though! i also added hooves to the back paws, this allows for better stamina, speed and agility when running :) I think it's a pretty cool and unique concept that I'm excited to see through.

I need like... 8 or more spirit of the mountain heads though...so if you or anyone know you has an extra.... lol

All in all, I think these will look cool, and my first 40k purchase...although other than wolves i don't see myself buying 40k stuff.

Any thoughts? I'm curious what people think, even if not our tea cup!

14. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Oh yes, there is more!

I also have finally finished my first endless spells! began the twin orbs awhile back, and then they sat. well, decided to add the last bits of color and do their base... I think they came out really well. They also serve as unique spells to Haset, being Solar and Lunar energies of Hysh.

Hasetwithspells2.jpg Hasetwithseplls3.jpg Hasetwithseplls4.jpg Hasetwithspells1.jpg

This is so far the Hathorian Army (pre antlers), slowly becoming a real-looking thing, official-ish even? maybe that's just in my head haha :) I have at least 1 more monstrous kitbash to make for them (with wings!) and then I think I'm going to focus hard on them, the wolves shouldn't take long (really need a name for them). hathoriansarmywip.jpg

I'd love to hear your thoughts on everything I just posted, I know it was a lot!

15. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Ha! Dr Frankenstein strikes again! :D

Loving the sculpt and congratulations on being featured! You deserve it!

Sudsinabucket and Imrahil like this.
  16. EFHILT 167
    Skink

EFHILT 167 Member

I love how the wolves have no more than one paw on the ground, very dynamic. They really are great models.

17. Imrahil
    Slann

I love the idea of this Hathorian general shouting on the battlefield: "Send in the wolves!"
    Them beeing battleline is very good.
    I like the deer hybrid twist, it also comes down to painting to sell the antlers.

I am not sure about the combination on one base. The wolves can not move separate from their Hunter?

Oooh, maybe name them Hathorian Packmaster?

Do you have all minotaur bodies sorted out yet?

Keep up the good work

Grrr, Imrahil

18. Imrahil
    Slann

I love this picture, the army looks better and better every time ;)

Grrr, Imrahil

19. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Lol he strikes again indeed :D

Thanks man! I definitely did not expect it, but definitely a huge honor. Thank you!

20. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Yes! I am very pleased with them, plus, they are so easy to assemble (gw kit wise)! I definitely feel I picked the right wolf kit to use for this, almost used the new undead ones... but the ammount of greenstuff work would be insane, and I already have a lot or greenstuff work to do.

I absolutely love their poses