1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS (Tabletop) Game Theory: Dracothion and the Seraphon

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Bainbow, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Bainbow Well-Known Member

Here's a theory for you lore fans that a staff member at my local GW came up with regarding Dracothion's relevance to the Seraphon.

-Dracothion guided the Seraphon to the Mortal Realms.
    -Dracothion seemingly recognised the Slann's intergalactic getaway vehicles, and seeing them flee Chaos in ruin made him weep.
    -Dracothion is linked to Azyr, the Wind that the Seraphon are now spiritually linked to, even the former Ghur-nut Tehenhauin uses Celestial Rites now.
    -Seraphon wield Stardrake Shields, the Star Drake is another name for Dracothion.
    -The banners that the Seraphon carry into battle, the Stardrake Icon, is believed by in-universe scholars to be depicting Dracothion, and the Battle Tome is quoted to say "the image of the Star Dragon holds great significance to the Seraphon."
    -The Seraphon, back when they were the Lizardmen, had a very strong connection to only one other reptilian god to this extent.

What if Dracothion is actually Sotek? Or what if Sotek is actually Dracothion may be a better way to say it.
    A fun little theory that's been proposed to me, what do you lot think?

Slanputin, dwarfepic and n810 like this.
  2. lastlostboy
    Saurus

lastlostboy Member

But Sotek fought the Skaven in The-world-that-was.
    Why should he then fled to the stars?
    Because the Slann had to tell Dracothion that their world fell.

And didn't fought Sotek in the End Times in the warp alongside the forces of order?!
    I think I remember to heard there something very vague.

3. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

One could argue that fighting in the Warp is something ol' Draco could easily do as he can jump between Mortal Realms and the physical world with ease, seeing as how he was able to pull the Slann through. No reason why he couldn't have fought with Order in the Warp in the End Times.

4. lastlostboy
    Saurus

lastlostboy Member

Of course.
    But if he did that, he would have known of the defeat of the forces of order.

But he didn't, he heard it from the Slann, cried out, fled/raged(?) and the Slann followed the tear trace to High Azyr.

5. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Very true. Even so, I find it to be a fun little theory. It's not mine so I can't defend it in full, most I can do is a weak Devil's Advocate. Still, it's good to see people theorising so soon.

6. lastlostboy
    Saurus

lastlostboy Member

I have little doubt that Dracothion is an Old One.
    But:
    1. I think he isn't Sotek.
    2. I think GW will never stat what exactly he is.

7. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

An Old One? Interesting thought, what brings that on?

8. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

Who or what is Dracothion? (I feel like I should have seen that somewhere ~or~ I missed a memo...)

9. lastlostboy
    Saurus

lastlostboy Member

He is godlike powerful but not allmighty (he couldn't reverse the destruction of the World-that-was).
    He has some "emotional bound" to the World-that-was or its creations.
    He has the same telepathic abilities like the Slann and does only speak to the Slann. The 8th Edition Army Book stats the Slann were the only one who could stand the presence of the Old Ones.
    He has a deep understanding of the Warp/Void and the Mortal Realms. (He teached Sigmar later about the Mortal Realms but warp enities like gods or demons can't materialize so easily in the Mortal Realms.)

Lets take a step back:
    The Old Ones created the Lizardmen and the Lizardmen respectively the Slann terraformed the Warhammer World and the Lustrian jungles. (8th Edi. Army Book.) The point is the Old Ones did not choose the lizard-like apperance because it works so good in the jungle but the other way around.
    The question would be after what image did they create the Lizardmen then? Well, the most obvious reason would be: after themselfes.
    So the Old Ones would be - hypotheticly - some... scaly... lizardly... things.

Look at Dracothion.
    What. A. Coincidence.

post scriptum
    Most of the things I wrote I realised while I was writing.
    There are no really deep thought behind.
    It's just a thing I like to believe.
    But it seems it has a few points. :)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  10. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

JackwolfskinK likes this.
  11. lastlostboy
    Saurus

lastlostboy Member

Not that I'm aware of.
    Only the Great Star Drake descriptions.

12. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Just as I thought GW leaving open to interpretation, which is a good thing.

13. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Maybe this is him?

image.jpeg

14. Tlac'Natai the Observer
    Cold One

Tlac'Natai the Observer Active Member

I'm fairly certain that you can say "Star Drake Constellation" and "Dracothion" as interchangeable terms. Dracothion IS the constellation, and that would be the visual image. Since every star is an individual seraphon beast we could also say that their material form in the Mortal Realms is the manifestation of Dracothion himself and every seraphon is connected to each other in this fashion.

I'm not 100% on that but it sounds so great in my head that it SHOULD be true haha

Crowsfoot likes this.
  15. Choombatta
    Skink

Choombatta New Member

I was thinking earlier....
    The Old Ones saw the warhammer world and saw something special in it. Then they started a Great Plan for the world.
    What if the Great Plan all along was to breed races capable of finally taking the fight to the Gods of the warp themselves.
    The Slaan thought they had failed, but maybe their outcome was the desired result all along.
    Even Sigmar's rising in the Old World had to have been seen by the Old Ones when they started the Great Plan.

Bainbow likes this.
  16. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Oh shoot, that's actually a really great theory. I really like that one a lot.

17. lastlostboy
    Saurus

lastlostboy Member

But Kroak tried to save the world and he is a first generation Slann, so he lived a few thousand years with the Old Ones and met them "in person". (If they have/had physical bodies.)
    Why should they've lied to him? They believed the Slann are capable to help Sigmar to archieve his godlike state but do not trust them their secret plan?
    No, sounds unconvincing.

18. tom ndege
    Skar-Veteran

tom ndege Well-Known Member

Could be they didn't tell him, cause they wanted things to happen like they did? Like a CIA agent or so getting only to know what he needs to, to fulfill the plan.

19. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

But what would have happened if Kroak hadn't tried to save the world? It would have been destroyed either too early or in a different way. The Incarnates were pulled into the Realm of Chaos through that warpgate that Archaon opened, blasting them across the cosmos. But if Morrslieb had just impacted the planet and destroyed everything, then everyone would have just died on the spot, that would have been no good. If Daemons had killed everyone back in the first invasion, then the young races would never have produced the warriors needed to combat Chaos.
    If the world was destroyed in any way other than the way it ultimately was, things would have been much different and Order would never have had this resurgence that it's having right now.
    In addition, Kroak's been unable to talk to the Slann for a long time on account of being dead and all, and that's assuming that he'd have even told them the plan rather than just give them orders with no explanation which would be a safer countermeasure to prevent Chaos from figuring it out.

Kor-Lot-Ko likes this.
  20. Essmir
    Chameleon Skink

Essmir Well-Known Member

This picture have been posted earlier on the forum. It's shows Dracothion in the backround behind sigmar.[​IMG]
    //Essmir

Slanputin likes this.