8th Ed. Tehenhuain Rules help

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by aclaflin, Oct 1, 2010.

1. aclaflin
    Skink

aclaflin New Member

I'm not sure if this has been covered before or not, but I thought I'd ask. I'm making a skink list for funsies to play against some friends. I'd like to take Tehenhuain as my general (I know, not that great but oh well), and I'd like to stick him in a big unit, maybe 8X5. I'd like to put him in the middle of the first and second rank, with krox flanking him with two skinks filling the gap. Does this work?

Of course this may all be a mute point, because I was wondering if an unbreakable character can even be put into a non-unbreakable unit. I assume he loses it while he is with the unit?

thoughts?

Andy

2. Chahlie
    Cold One

Chahlie New Member

He can't join a unit (which is why I would mount him up!)

3. aclaflin
    Skink

aclaflin New Member

Is there a page number I could reference? The BRB Unbreakable section says that heroes that aren't unbreakable cannot join units that are. Nothing about a hero that is unbreakable joining a unit that isn't. That's the confusing part. Unless I'm missing something.

I've lost too many stegs and heroes on them to warp-lighting cannons this edition to mount my general on one.

Andy

4. Chahlie
    Cold One

Chahlie New Member

Actually, now that I look in the book, you're right. I can't see anything about unbreakable heros, although I assume it works the same way. Seems like an oversight, an exploitable one! :bored:

5. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

I know that he can join swarms (as he has one with him). Not sure on the rest.

6. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

I believe he lost some of the restrictions that he had in 7th....

7. aclaflin
    Skink

aclaflin New Member

It appears that is the case. Anyway, when playing among friends, who really cares anyway. We may just rule that he loses it while with a unit. I wouldn't use him in a tournament in either case.

8. Gor-rok
    Terradon

Gor-rok Member

He can't join a swarm unit because he doesn't have the 'unstable' rule. The Tide of Serpents doesn't really function like a true swarm per se; it's just D6 bonus attacks.

He could join another unit, but every other model has to be unbreakable as well for the rule to apply to any of them. I don't think it's an exploit; you're trading the protection of being in the unit for the special rule.

9. aclaflin
    Skink

aclaflin New Member

I think that's exactly right. He doesn't benefit from the rule, but he can still join the unit.