8th Ed. Temple Guard BSB Slann

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by theodoris, Sep 29, 2011.

1. theodoris
    Cold One

theodoris Member

I have been using the BsB on my Slann with the Temple Guard, now people are saying i can`t use the LD of the Slann when testing for LD.
    Because the Temple guard are Stuborn they must use LD 8, i find this very silly and can`t find it in the BRB.
    Can someone help my with this?
    thanx

2. cyanhawk
    Chameleon Skink

cyanhawk New Member

Your friends are wrong. Pg 54 of the big rulebook says that the unit can use the generals leadership if they are in range of his inspiring presence.

I'm thinking that if he is in the unit that would be within inspiring presence range for sure.

Beyond that page 10 says that if there are multiple leaderships within one unit you always use the highest value for leadership tests.

So either way you would test on the slanns 9 or 10 (if you gave him the leadership banner)

3. Stonecutter
    Terradon

Stonecutter Member

I think the problem with the interpretation stems from people still being stuck in 7th edition mindset. Previously, the stubborn check was only on the unit's LD and not the character. 8th edition changed that as Cyanhawk has indicated. You can also check page 76 under stubborn for more rules on steadfast.

4. theodoris
    Cold One

theodoris Member

thanx, for that much needed info