8th Ed. Temple Guard Questions

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by XaviorKazz, Dec 7, 2010.

1. XaviorKazz
    Jungle Swarm

XaviorKazz New Member

So this first question may seem like a dumb one, but if I give my TG a halberd, light armour, and a shield, then, if i'm not mistaken, instead of having a 3+ armour save due to 5+ scaly skin, light armour and shield, they would have a 4+ armour save because they can't use the shield while they have a halberd... Am I right?

And my second question, the Army specific rulebook states that the TG Standard Bearer can have a magic standard up to 50 points... But in the main rulebook it says that only the BSB can have a magical standard... So what's the deal with that? Can the TG standard bearer have a magical standard?

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

TG have to have halberds, and now you have to use a weapon if you have it so in combat you can't choose to go hand weapon so yes the shield is not used. 4+ sounds right. You can still use 3+ to shooting and magic though.

It is an exception, a lot of special units can take a magic banner. The general rule is if a main rulebook rule conflicts with an army book rule, you go with the army book one.

3. XaviorKazz
    Jungle Swarm

XaviorKazz New Member

Ok, yeah, that's what I thought, and I just wanted to make sure. But I didn't know about still being able to use it against shooting and magic. I will keep that in mind.

Ok, sweet. Thanks. Again, I thought that was the case, but I wasn't entirely sure.