8th Ed. Terradons

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by xhequimunqui, Aug 29, 2010.

1. xhequimunqui
    Skink

xhequimunqui New Member

And another thing... :D

Another thing I see often is people saying how good Terradons are against Warmachines because of their stomp attack. A Warmachine isn't an infantry or warbeast model, it's, well, a Warmachine. A strict reading of the rules would suggest that you don't get to stomp them.

Or am I wrong?

TIA again.

Xhequimunqui

2. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

You dont stomp them. You stomp the operators. Remember, in 8th edition, the operators are like wound counters.

From the fluff point of view, why would you not get to stomp the war machine? You have a giant flying lizard that should be at lesat twice the size of the war machine. Don't you think it would damage the machine to have the monstrous cavalry kick it?

3. Ilnar3
    Chameleon Skink

Ilnar3 New Member

an interesting point,
    thankfully, i dont have anything that stomps. but still
    warmachines are neither infantry or warbeasts, the crew are not listed either way,
    as it stands you cannot stomp a war machine,
    remember too when fireing at dwarven cannons, the machine recives an armour save equal to the save of the crew

4. xhequimunqui
    Skink

xhequimunqui New Member

Arli, that's exactly the argument I was making, but it cut no ice with my opponent or our rules judge for the evening. Warmachines are a defined unit type now and as Ilnar3 notes above they are therefore neither infantry nor warbeast. Sad but true.

Have we (my game group) missed a rule that defines crew as infantry once they're in combat perhaps?

TIA

Xhequimunqui

5. Ilnar3
    Chameleon Skink

Ilnar3 New Member

no, the only way to change your unit type is say if a characters mount dies, but then he mearly reverts back to being infantry as per his statline
    the BRB states that the crew are basically ignored for all intents and purposes,
    so no stomping them,

6. xhequimunqui
    Skink

xhequimunqui New Member

On further reading of the warmachines section last night, I have to say I agree. No stomp attacks against warmachines.

Xhequimunqui

7. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Wow.. Good spotting, I think I have to agree that there is no reason stomp would work on a warmachine. That is a shame. Still, the description for warmachines in combat says the crew are hiding within the machine so I guess in some ways it makes sense, hard to stomp when there is a machine in the way.

Interesting that no one noticed that before.

8. Xul
    Temple Guard

Xul New Member

even 1 more reason to use chameleons instead of terradons (now, when I bought 2 of them flying lizards recently) :shamefullyembarrased:

9. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Meh, you can still drop rocks on the low toughness units.

10. wolfmage
    Temple Guard

wolfmage New Member

Still this seem a bit like a RAW or RAI mostly my opponents are friends and as such we tweak the game to suit our mood