8th Ed. Terrain Question

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by skinky, Jul 19, 2010.

1. skinky
    Skink

skinky New Member

Could you place a shrine or building in the middle of a marsh? Wizards tower in a mash, for example, would be sweet.

2. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

I scanned through the rules regarding terrain and did not see anything that prevents it. As long as your opponent agrees to it, all is good. Unless I missed something.

3. Gor-rok
    Terradon

Gor-rok Member

Mmmm, like the marsh tower in the Holy Grail movie...

4. wolfmage
    Temple Guard

wolfmage New Member

Also does aquatic mean that we ignore the effects of magic water now or has it become another pointless ability and yes you could put buildings in swaps and the like...we do it in real life.

5. skinky
    Skink

skinky New Member

Aquatic actually just became a very valuable skill. Throw down a Khemarian quicksand and let your skirmishers hang out in there at -2 to hit with shooting (-3 for chameleons). If anything big like calvary or chariots try to charge you, there's a 33% chance that they will die outright. Sounds fun doesn't it?

6. Kurlin
    Ripperdactil

Kurlin New Member

Read the lizardmen FAQ. The aquatic rule was changed so now it gives "Marsh Strider", "Lake Strider" and "River Strider" so if I recall the strider rules correctly then we would ignore the effects.

7. skinky
    Skink

skinky New Member

I don't think you ignore the effects do you? You just move through it without taking dangerous terrain tests.

8. Kurlin
    Ripperdactil

Kurlin New Member

You are correct. just checked my book when I got home, I think that was one of the last few rumors stuck in my head.

9. Eagleblaze
    Temple Guard

Eagleblaze New Member

Another terrain question:

Can you have terrain in the centre of your gaming board? I was told that this was not allowed, made little difference to me but I couldn't recall seeing such a rule in the BRB.

10. Gor-rok
    Terradon

Gor-rok Member

There's nothing preventing you from placing terrain dead center now if you so choose. Even look at the example battles in the rulebook; they often feature such.

11. Kurlin
    Ripperdactil

Kurlin New Member

Why the hell not? I don't think there is any rule about that anywhere. tell them to bust out the rulebook for that one. Terrain in the middle is part of the fun to me. And a lot of the scenarios have terrain in the middle(including the historical ones, not just the 6 default). The watchtower one, the fight for the river, the brewery battle. And those are just the ones of the top of my head. Seems to me your opponent thought it was in his advantage to not have terrain in the middle.