8th Ed. Terrain Question

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by eppe, Dec 8, 2011.

1. eppe
    Kroxigor

eppe Member

Are all Forest and bodies of water considered dangerous terrain when passing through? I can't find it in the rule book. I can find dangerous terrain tests, and mysterious terrain... but not what IS dangerous terrain.

2. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

I know you have to test if you cross a river of any type. The forrest is only dangerous if you roll and it has the rule. Cavalry always counts any terrain that is not open ground as dangerous terrain IIRC.

I do not remember where it is stated.

3. Lord Cedric
    Terradon

Lord Cedric Member

Dangerous terrain is different depending on what type of unit. Page 117 of the BRB give a definition of what Dangerous Terrain is. On the subsequent pages lists in detail the different types of terrain. In each terrain section, the second paragraph entitled " xxx and movement" (where xxx is the type of terrain - eg. hills, trees, etc.) it tells the unit types that are affected for dangerous terrain.

- Lord Cedric

4. SanDiegoSurrealist
    Ripperdactil

SanDiegoSurrealist New Member

A river is only if DT if you march or charge though it, a unit can walk though a river normally without testing. But a river does disrupt ranks if a unit is engaged in CC and any portion of the unit is in the river.