1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Testing the 2000pt Waters

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by ADapperOctopus, Jan 26, 2021.

1. ADapperOctopus
    Jungle Swarm

ADapperOctopus New Member

Hello there! Just want to start out by saying that I have no idea what I'm doing so some assistance would be greatly appreciated! I made this Thunder Lizards list hoping to get an idea for what I should be buying but I'm not sure what to use. A lot of online resources seem to go off in different directions and I'm not finding a lot of consistency for what units I should be taking. Additionally when making battlelines the list builder says I can have 3 battlelines and there's a little 3+ with it, but it doesn't show red with five (which is in my list here), not really sure what's going on there. I also was considering the Thunderquake Temple-host since I already met the requirements but I don't have the points for it if this list is okay. Any suggestions/critiques/comprehensions?

Attached Files:

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

quick look summary for what I would do:

Swap knights for Guard and keep them near Kroak
    drop two units of skinks, +120 points, you already have 3 battleline required for 2k.( guard, skink Stega) (150 free points total including the 30 your list starts with *1970/2000*)
    drop the terradons three wont really get done what you want to anymore with their horrendous saves. unless your plan is sacrifice bomb run at which point I would go 6 not three. if you drop you go from 150 to 240 free points
    add another stegadon with skystreak bow. they perform great in TL list.

of note... you have the requirements in there for a Thunderquake… consider the battalion it isn't bad

LizardWizard and ADapperOctopus like this.
  3. ADapperOctopus
    Jungle Swarm

ADapperOctopus New Member

Awesome, this seems like a good way to go, and I'm more than happy to take more dinosaurs. Much appreciated! I'll also see about fiddling around with the whole battalion thing as I don't really understand them, I had noticed that I had the requirements for one and was curious.

LizardWizard and ILKAIN like this.
  4. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

Basically battalions get you:
    1 extra starting CP
    1 ability that applies only to the units in the battalion
    1 extra artefact
    less drops as a battalion can be dropped at once, which helps you to go first if you want on Turn 1

LizardWizard likes this.