8th Ed. Tetto Inspiring Presence with Kroxigor in unit

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Zee Deveel, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Zee Deveel
    Skink

Zee Deveel New Member

As title suggests: If Tetto is my general and he has a Krox in his unit, is his inspiring presence LD7 rather than 6?

Thanks!

2. Overlord of Serpents
    Cold One

Overlord of Serpents Active Member

Sadly no, simply because the Kroxigor do not confer their leadership on to Tetto'eko, so his leadership remains unaffected for Inspiring Presence, though the Krox's leadership would be used for tests involving the unit. The only way to affect a general's leadership in our army to my knowledge is to have the Standard of Discipline banner in his unit which would grant him +1 to Leadership.

Hope that helps.

-Overlord of Serpents

3. Zee Deveel
    Skink

Zee Deveel New Member

If this means that the unmodified leadership of a character is the highest leadership in the unit then Tetto'ekos leadership would be the leadership of the Kroxigor and thus his inspiring presence would be...?

That's my interpretation of this nonsense.

4. Overlord of Serpents
    Cold One

This quote is referring to a unit USING inspiring presence, which would be impossible in the case listed here as you have to use the unit's unmodified leadership for whatever reason, perhaps a certain spell. So in the case of targetting Tetto'eko's unit with such a spell, you would use the Kroxigors Leadership as it is the highest in the unit when unmodified. However, this does NOT mean that Tetto'eko's own leadership would be raised to a 7 for the sake of distributing it to other units via Inspiring Presence. No matter what, Tetto'eko for Inspiring Presence must use his own leadership.

-Overlord of Serpents

5. hdctambien
    Terradon

hdctambien Active Member

What's worse is that technically "all friendly units withing 12" use [the general's] leadership instead of their own" (BRB Pg 107)

So, the Kroxigor actually use Tetto's Ld6 instead of their own Ld7.

6. Overlord of Serpents
    Cold One

I wish I had my BRB next to me here, but I'm 100% sure you're not forced to use the general's leadership. It's an option, not a requirement. You would still be able to use the higher leadership available to you. Though you could always throw in a cheap Scar-Vet for that Leadership 8.

-Overlord of Serpents

7. hdctambien
    Terradon

hdctambien Active Member

That's the exact quote from the BRB and the Dark Elf player 'round here has used it to nuke my General's Ld and then use the Inspiring Presence against the rest of my units.

However, I just checked the FAQ:
    Code:
    Page 107 – The General, Inspiring Presence.
    Change “within 12" use his Leadership instead” to “within 12"
    may use his Leadership instead”

So it seems that I should stop taking for granted rules that other people tell me are rules without double checking them myself.

So, please ignore the man behind the curtain and continue to use your General's Leadership only if it works in your favor!

8. Overlord of Serpents
    Cold One

Always gotta be weary of those tricky Dark Elves! Glad I could help!

-Overlord of Serpents

9. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

Well.... technically the "General" of your army is always the model with the highest leadership. Don't have my book on me, but I am almost positive that it says that under the entry for Generals. Not sure if that's been FAQ'd or not. Just because you're a super good spell-casting Skink doesn't mean you're good at leading an army.

So really... one of the Kroxigor in the unit with Tetto would be the General and thus provide his leadership for Inspiring Presence!!! Whaaaaaa?!?! :D

Unless you had a Saurus Champion, whose Ld 8 trumps Ld 7.

10. bugleboy
    Jungle Swarm

bugleboy New Member

Sadly the BRB does state that your general is "the character in your army with the highest leadership" (pg 107). Then later on (pg 134): "An army must always include at least one Lord or Hero to be its General".

So no using Saurus champions as a gereral :(

11. Overlord of Serpents
    Cold One

Preeeeetty darn sure only characters can lead armies. Otherwise I would totally try a low-point Kroxigor general army for fun, haha.

-Overlord of Serpents

12. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

Aww, ok. It was a fun thought at least :smug:

13. Sleboda
    Troglodon

Sleboda Active Member

=> Yeah. BSB re-rolls on fail is still mandatory (failed Casket roll by 1? Too bad, try again!), but general is optional now.