8th Ed. Tetto'eko base size in a Skink unit.

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Ease, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Ease
    Jungle Swarm

Ease New Member

So I've made my own Tetto'eko, assuming that his base size is the same as a Slann due to his Palanquin, at 50x50. His special rules allow him to sit in either a Temple Guard unit, taking up four slots as they're 25x25, or a Skink unit. But the Skinks have smaller bases, and by the 8th Edition rules if a character's base size doesn't fit with the unit it gets forced out to the side of the unit. It seems the BRB rule would make for a neater looking unit, but the Army Book is always meant to overrule the BRB, and benefits us the most. Which should I use?

2. Eagleblaze
    Temple Guard

Eagleblaze New Member

Isn't he on one of the smaller bases used for Kroxigor?

3. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

The last time that I ran him, I put him in a unit of Skinks. He was on a converted Slann's palanquin and I gave him his look out sir rolls because he is a skink after all.

4. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Actualy he is recomended in the last FAQ to be put on a Kroxigor size base 40x40
    also I believe he can only sit in the second rank of a skink unit Like they where a temple guard unit.

5. Ease
    Jungle Swarm

Ease New Member

Ah I never saw that FAQ because I only started Lizardmen about a fortnight ago. Guess I'll have to cut down his base somehow! :p

His rules say "bla bla... treated like a normal Palanquin except he may be placed in a unit of Skinks rather than Temple Guard" - the 'may' makes me think you can do either, though it doesn't really change anything for me as I don't have any Temple Guard yet.