7th Ed. Tettos Cosmic Events Question

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Boomer, May 2, 2009.

1. Boomer
    Skink

Boomer Member

Dalkarius gave some good advice on using Tetto for blasting some DE crossbowman from a distance using the Cosmic Event...

well I simply am baffled by the phrase ...

"All spells from LOH will be cast with irresistable force on any successful casting roll that includes a double" (except snake eyes)..

ok I take that five ways to Sunday...do you pick a spell you want (probably Uranons Thunderbolt), roll Tetto's 2-4 power dice, get a double (except snake eyes) and that spell is automatically cast? Or does it mean ALL the spells in LOH is cast? I presume the former? Or am I off entirely?

Tx all ...Booms :D

2. lupercal
    Kroxigor

lupercal New Member

what it means is on the turn you want to use the power you roll 2 dice, if it is not 2 ones, you get the ability
    if it is 2 ones they get the ability on their spells

the ability is every spell from the lore of heavens will get irresitable force on any double except double 1's
    also note that it is every spell not just him so if taking him and a slann in might be worthwhile to take heavens with the slann

i'm not sure how this will work against the ring of hotek but comet would still work since it does not target a unit in the faq and errata put out in jan '09 if the spell does not target something magic resistance and the ring have no effect so you should keep this in mind for spells

3. Dalkarius
    Ripperdactil

Dalkarius New Member

If the Ring of Hotek (which I often hear about but don't know about) causes any double to miscast, then it would over-power Tetto's Irresistable because the BRB states that a Miscast will always take over a roll, regardless of whether or not it's a Irresistable Force or not. However, if it does anything else, it shouldn't effect the power. And yes, that was a perfect description of his power. Nice, isn't it? I slaughtered an entire High Elf army with that and Kroak blasting his highest level, by Turn 2 3/4 of his army had been wiped out.

4. Boomer
    Skink

Boomer Member

Ok... so basically:

1. Tetto rolls 2 dice and except for ** the Cosmic Event occurs. Great.

2. Tetto then chooses to roll his max of 3 Power Dice (he's a Lvl 2 wizard) -because he still has to cast a spell since it says ..."on any succesful casting roll"...Also, trying to cast a second spell is a mute point since he cant get a double with 1 dice and rolling the 3 dice increases the odds of getting the needed double.

3. Since he's the cautious type he decides to try to cast Second Sign Of Amul. Its probably the smartest choice because he has to be SUCCESSFUL per the rule, and at least he'll gain something by it, and in a worst-best case scenario - he could roll a 1,2,2 getting the needed 5 and still pull off getting the double he needs.

4. He rolls a 3,3,5...hurrah!!! He got the needed double and it is a successful cast for the spell he chose. Per the rules, it also means ALL the spells are now cast from LOH and cant be dispelled. Doom on the warm-bloods!! He assigns targets and hands out some very serious smack-down at least for whatever spells are withinin range and applicable.

5. Wailing and knashing of teeth occur on the other side of the table.

Is this basically a correct scenario? Sorry to be so thick...

Lastly, and no disrespect, but I think its a stretch to extend this to all other LOH wizards mostly because it doesnt say that. For as wicked as this Event is, I think GW would specify that if it was allowable. Although I would love it...

Anxious for a response...tx all ! Boomer :D

5. blackhawk
    Chameleon Skink

blackhawk Member

uh NO!
    it means the spell you cast is cast y IF....
    i don't know how you can so mis-interpret the rules, but this is just sad

6. Sammy the Squib
    Salamander

Sammy the Squib Member

Agree with blackhawk.

7. Boomer
    Skink

Boomer Member

Wow...

thanks for clarifying that for me... I'll just disregard then

8. Dalkarius
    Ripperdactil

Dalkarius New Member

Lol, yeah, it's a wonderful ability that has (for me) wiped out COUNTLESS Elven batteries when all my wizards drop a grand total of 3 comets on their entire army before they even get to move once : p.