8th Ed. The Army Battle Standard Bearer and gear

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Elmquasmash, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Elmquasmash
    Razordon

Elmquasmash New Member

I am having a hard time finding any rules on the equipment he may take. The only rule I can see is that if he has a Magic Standard he cannot take any magical items but I don't see any rules keeping him from taking a Shield or a Great Weapon :/ This is confusing me... I only want to equip him with Light armour and a Shield (and a shield could 'fluff-wise' be understood.. Have you ever tried swinging a blow at someone with a huge stick in front of him? That looks like an extra protection to me..) with a magical standard but I am just checking if there are any rules in contrast to my want.. Thanks for any help!

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

There used to be restrictions... But starting with the HE book, it has no longer existed. You can now take two handed weapons and dual weapons on a model with the BSB. The only restriction is you choose magic banner or magic items, not both.

3. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

With the exception of our Slann. They can be the BSB and take magical items.

4. Elmquasmash
    Razordon

Elmquasmash New Member

Hmmmm that's so interesting to me :) I was looking at my 7th edition Lizardmen book and it states the gear but the new ones have nothing! I guess that means i'll do what I want! :D