8th Ed. The Focused Rumination

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by colinsb, Nov 13, 2012.

1. colinsb
    Skink

colinsb New Member

New to playing and I have a question on The Focused Rumination

The rule book says you can have a maximum of 12 power dice, do dice gained from The Focused Rumination count against that maximum or are they in addition to?

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

If you rolled a double 6 for magic dice, then you don't get the free dice on the first cast as that would put 13 in the magic dice pool.

but after you cast that spell there would be less dice in the pool and you would get the bouns +1 dice as usual.

3. colinsb
    Skink

colinsb New Member

Thanks for that, reading it again I can see that clearer, I read it as no more than 12 dice per magic phase, whereas it's 12 dice at any point during the phase.

Your answer made it a lot clearer. :)

4. Rhodium
    Kroxigor

Rhodium New Member

As a side note: Sod's Law state that you will always successfully channel when you roll double 6,

I like to burn 1 or 2 dice on a ruby ring or a skink spell if I roll double six, hate not getting my free dice!

5. maximus
    Skink

maximus New Member

So you can still gain your extra power dice once below 12 dice (when rolling double 6's) or basically after first cast.

Do you lose your channels automatically or can you channel once below 12 dice also?

6. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

You can channel as well. The only time that may be different is during a tournament where there may be rules that cap the dice.

7. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

If you roll a 12 for power dice, then you don't bother with channeling. Channeling happens before any spells are cast, so you'd lose them as far as I can tell.