7th Ed. The old rule book

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Suppe, May 9, 2009.

1. Suppe
    Kroxigor

Suppe New Member

Hi, I just wanted to ask if anything in the old rulebook still applies to Warhammer Fantasy... figured out that there was a new 3 weeks ago -,-

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

You mean the whole games rulebook, or just the lizardmen army book?

If the rulebook, the differences between 6th and 7th edition are fairly subtle, but they are definitely there and if you get too used to 6th, you will get confused when you switch to 7th.

I guess the differences between old LM book and new one are a bit subtle too, there are a few big changes and lots of small changes. Either way you should try to keep up to date.

3. Suppe
    Kroxigor

Suppe New Member

the basic rule rulebook, the dark brown one

this is the one I've got:

4. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

Yep, that's an old edition. You need to get yourself a copy of 7th edition and see what has changed. Quite likely you can acquire a "preview" copy online to start reviewing it prior to purchasing it.

5. Eagleblaze
    Temple Guard

Eagleblaze New Member

you and I both suppe......they released the new one 2 months after I bought mine....I wasn't impressed

Are there many changes from 6th to 7th?

6. Suppe
    Kroxigor

Suppe New Member

hmmm guess I'll have to buy it... unless it falls from the skies landing infront of me *reaching hands to the sky and waiting excited*

7. Aranigej
    Temple Guard

Aranigej Member

Yep, if you intend on playing in clubs, stores and other such places I would strongly suggest you try and get the new rules. There were some changes which, while considered to be minor, might have a strong impact on the game. In particular, skirmishers can no longer run/march at double speed if within 8" of an enemy *head droops sulkily... arm extends... grabs 100+ skink skirmishers... puts them in box... closes box...* 'nuff said... sniff

8. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

Alternatively, you could probably acquire the necessary updates by reading lots and lots of battlereports, and just by playing games and having your opponent keep you informed when something goes wrong. Someone who played before 7th ed would be helpful, they could probably fill you in on the highlights.

9. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

It was so long ago I don't really remember. There was a pdf released by GW highlighting the major changes, but really the best thing you can do is grab the new book (or skull pass, has a miniature version of the book and a bunch of models) and read it yourself. Another really important change from 6th to 7th IMO was that in 6th you only needed 4 models across to get a rank bonus, while in 7th you need 5. This is big because it is no longer effective to run units of 16 even though (and that is why) things like saurus and elf spearmen come in boxes of 16.

10. blackhawk
    Chameleon Skink

blackhawk Member

redirect charge is gone to :(

and pursuiting in a new combat is done in the same combat fase, giving you 2 combats for the same unit ( ie said very simplified).

wizards can't use other power dice except their own and the basics

these are things also that had major impact on the game.