1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS The Return of Old Heroes...

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by JakeusMaxemus, May 19, 2021.

1. JakeusMaxemus
    Skink

JakeusMaxemus Member

With GW bringing back Sigvald kind of out of nowhere recently, what do people thinking about a possible future release of Kroq-Gar?
    Do you think they'd do it?
    Would you like to see it?
    Is it possible?

2. ArtoriusaurusRex
    Temple Guard

ArtoriusaurusRex Well-Known Member

If any Lizardman character were to come back, Kroq-Gar is an obvious choice. He not only survived the End Times, but kinda ascended. He's the character I want back more than any other.

3. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

For the saurus Kroq-gar is the most obvious choice. Also the most obvious choice for a mounted named hero on a behemoth.

Oxyotl, alongside a generic chameleon hero could work as well. He's easy to insert narrativly, just say it took him till now to find his way out of the realms of chaos.

Tiktaq'to would be nice to give our flyers something a bit more interesting, but I'm guessing he didn't survive the end times. Alternativly we can take the skink ripperdactyl commander in last months white dwarf.

In general a named skink would be good, as right now all of them are just generic clones.

There's also huinitenuchli. A second named slann who survived could be cool. Provide some counterbalance to Kroak.

4. JakeusMaxemus
    Skink

JakeusMaxemus Member

Me too man, he definitely survived?

5. ArtoriusaurusRex
    Temple Guard

ArtoriusaurusRex Well-Known Member

He did. Started glowing and everything after he killed a certain important Skaven character

6. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

sort of. the last we saw of him he had killed skrolc the leader of clan pestilence. he was badly poisoned during the fight and grimlock died. the last we see of him he is limping toward a temple ship.
    after that all we know is that GW hinted at him being in stasis 6 years ago.

7. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Kilvakar Well-Known Member

I think Kroq-Gar will return eventually, probably whenever GW decides to actually give the Seraphon a good spotlight in the narrative, and not when we're helping other characters' schemes. That will most likely coincide with a range refresh, although they really don't need to release a new Carnosaur model. However, GW really doesn't put out alternative rules for existing models very often, so they'd probably make a new and different-looking sculpt to differentiate him from the horde of copycats using lesser versions of the Hand of the Gods ;)

I also think that Oxyotl would be really nice to have back. He's pretty awesome when you think about it. Surviving alone in the realm of Chaos, assassinating demons all day, every day. He could pop up pretty much any time and it would make sense. Especially now that there seem to be a lot more openings for Chaos to jump into the Mortal Realms.

I've always thought that would be the easiest way to bring back old heroes. Just say they were in stasis and now they've been revived because they're needed. If you remember where that was hinted at, I'd really love to read the source as it basically confirms my own head-canon.

I personally think we need a successor to Mazdamundi. A Slann riding a Stegadon who can act as a powerful caster and still hit hard in combat.

8. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Kroq-Gar would be great - if GW allowed such crap characters as Sigvald and Alarielle to return, surely they must bring in a half-decent character too?

Personally I’m also hoping for a return of a major Dwarf character, Ungrim Ironfist, as the High King of the Fyreslayers!

JakeusMaxemus likes this.
  9. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Don't really see a good way to bring Ungrim back though.

10. JakeusMaxemus
    Skink

JakeusMaxemus Member

Oh damn I must of missed that section, which book is it from? Been soo long since I read them...

11. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

endtimes scaven

12. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

Ok lads Tldr because I don't want to copy and paste my ebook on this Skrolk killed grymloq with his corrupted censor. Kroq gar got understandably miffed and destroyed skrolks censor with the hand of gods. He impaled skrolk with the Spear of tlanxla. Screech verminking vommed all over kroq And wisked skrolk away. Skrolk is still alive. Kroq gar wasn't really mentioned much after and it wasn't confirmed that he made it onto the space ships