TOW Thoughts on this 2k double EOTG?

Discussion in 'Lizardmen Army Lists' started by Milo, Jul 23, 2024.

1. Milo
    Skink

Milo New Member

I've been toying with the thought of a double EOG list and this is the list i'm thinking of running at a local tournament - not a super serious one but still want to be at least a bit competitive
    I've payed the TG tax as im not super confident in my ability to keep the Slann alive (but getting better every game)
    I know the carno won't stand up to the dragons/wyverns in the meta but maybe he'll hold it up long enough for the rest of the army to do some work

Cheers!

Lizardmen - 2000 pts - [1997pts]

# Lizardmen - Main Force [1997pts]

## Characters [997pts]
    Saurus Scar-Veteran [317pts]: Hand Weapon, Heavy Armour, Shield, Battle Standard Bearer, Talisman Of Protection, Carnosaur (Heavy Armour, Slashing talons)
    Skink Priest [315pts]: Hand Weapon, Light Armour, Wizard Level 1, Elementalism
    • 1x Ancient Stegadon [255pts]: 5x Skink Crew (Hand Weapon, Javelin), Great horns, Engine of the Gods
    Slann Mage-Priests [365pts]:
    • 1x Slann Mage-Priest [365pts]: Hand Weapon, General, Becalming Cogitation, Wizard Level 4, High Magic, Lore Familiar

## Core [565pts]
    Saurus Warriors [194pts]: Thrusting Spear
    • 12x Saurus Warrior [14pts]: Hand Weapon, Heavy Armour, Shield
    • 1x Standard Bearer [7pts]
    • 1x Musician [7pts]
    1x Skink Skirmishers [70pts]: Scouts
    • 12x Skink [5pts]: Hand Weapon, Light Armour, Javelins and Shields
    1x Skink Skirmishers [70pts]: Scouts
    • 12x Skink [5pts]: Hand Weapon, Light Armour, Javelins and Shields
    Skink Skirmishers [50pts]:
    • 10x Skink [5pts]: Hand Weapon, Light Armour, Javelins and Shields
    Temple Guard [181pts]:
    • 10x Temple Guard [16pts]: Halberd, Hand Weapon, Heavy Armour, Shield
    • 1x Revered Guardian [7pts]
    • 1x Standard Bearer [7pts]
    • 1x Musician [7pts]

## Special [180pts]
    Bastiladon [180pts]: Thunderous bludgeon, Solar Engine, 4x Skink Crew (Hand Weapon, Javelin)

## Rare [255pts]
    Ancient Stegadon [255pts]: 5x Skink Crew (Hand Weapon, Javelin), Great horns, Engine of the Gods

2. Skink Life
    Jungle Swarm

Skink Life New Member

Interesting!
    I had been thinking of trying one of these but am yet to finish assembling a 2nd Steg.

It doesn't look like the +1 to cast effects bound spells so in this list it's really just helping the Slann out as your skink is only LVL 1. What spell are you hoping to get off through dipells with the slann that will make it worth the points investment?

That's been the clincher for me not trying this yet. It feels like magic doesn't quite have the impact to justify the Slann's cost (including having to pay for Temple guard or ethereal)

I'm assuming you're planning on peppering the enemy with magic missiles as they trudge across the table?

Milo and discomute like this.
  3. Milo
    Skink

Milo New Member

Hey mate, ahh I didn’t realise it wouldn’t help the bound spells was hoping just that extra pip of +1 could help the basti aswell

I agree it’s hard to make the Slann work with the points he is - I’ve just found it’s so easy for other armies to get lvl 4 wizards and having him be able to get the dispels off from an extra 3” could be pivotal aswell

And yep you’re right, have the skinks and magic be pests and hopefully reduce their numbers but if I dropped the Slann and or an engine and even just chucked a chief on a terrodon and put him in a unit of them they could drops some rocks or javelin the lone characters that would leave me more points to put elsewhere, might even have enough to upgrade the scarvet to a Oldblood but I haven’t run the numbers yet - lots to think about

4. UlyZed
    Skink

UlyZed New Member

I've run the double-Engine list (to a win). My thoughts:
    • you've navigated the character limit well - Carnosaur is still a must-have IMO. I find BSB there tough as Blood Frenzy prevents maneuverability in late game (no restraint and reform) but the +1 res might also be good if it whiffs. The seven wound character Stegadon provides some interesting options - unfortunately High Magic doesn't take a lot of advantage.
    • I'm down to min. Saurus 140 block. Temple Guard have been ok, but my 500 at tournament level is now min Saurus (140), 6 Swarms! (240), 2x 10 Skinks with Scout. I think if you're taking Lore Familiar and High Magic you have to bank on Walk Between Worlds. You have the +1 most likely and can usually stay out of dispel range to get the first few off. I don't think we can justify the cost of Temple Guard and the core lacks the punch to pay overs the minimum.
    • I think the Bastiladon might be overkill - so slow so you're choosing between marching and firing the Beam. Beam is great ... when it goes off ...but is risky and you've got other options with the double short range Fireballs :). Skink shooting is also very reliably filling that gap, even against high T targets. I'd consider Kroxigor with all the screening out there.
    Otherwise double Engine is fun, but mainly you come away appreciating the Ancient Stegs more than ever :). They are the real heroes of a list like this!

Milo likes this.
  5. Milo
    Skink

Milo New Member