1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS TL Double Warlord 2k points

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by t4tcliff, Sep 9, 2021.

1. t4tcliff
    Skink

t4tcliff Member

So I've had the chance to play a decent number of games now using the Alpha-strike Skink Chief. I'm realizing it's pretty easily countered/difficult to set up, especially if your opponent properly screens and/or steals the initiative. I also think the chief is pretty susceptible to dying since he is usually left by himself far ahead of the rest of your forces.

I decided to try a different tactic, to keep the Chief as a beastly combat unit but support him with an EoTG and forgo the turn one alpha-strike. I think he can continue to dish out great damage this way and be a lot more durable with the added healing.

Previously I was playing using a single warlord battalion and deploying in 5 drops but 5 drops really wasn't good enough to secure first turn anyway. I feel this list better utilizes the staying-power of Thunder Lizards in general and will perhaps result in more damage overall from the Skink Chief throughout 5 rounds.

Allegiance: Seraphon
    - Constellation: Thunder Lizard
    - Mortal Realm: Ghur
    - Grand Strategy: Beast Master
    - Triumphs: Inspired

LEADERS
    Stegadon with Skink Chief (305)*
    - General - Command Trait: Prime Warbeast
    - Artefact: Cloak of Feathers
    - Weapon: Skystreak Bow
    Engine of the Gods (265)**
    - Artefact: Amulet of Destiny
    - Universal Prayer Scripture: Curse
    Skink Starpriest (130)*
    - Artefact: Fusil of Conflagration
    - Spell: Hand of Glory
    Skink Priest (80)*
    - Universal Prayer Scripture: Guidance
    Skink Priest (80)**
    - Universal Prayer Scripture: Heal
    Skink Priest (80)**
    - Universal Prayer Scripture: Heal

BEHEMOTHS
    Stegadon (265)*
    - Seraphon Battleline (Constellation: Thunder Lizard)
    Stegadon (265)**
    Stegadon (265)
    Bastiladon with Solar Engine (235)

CORE BATTALIONS
    *Warlord
    **Warlord

ADDITIONAL ENHANCEMENTS
    Artefact
    Artefact

TOTAL: 1970/2000 WOUNDS: 91 LEADERS: 6/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 3/4 ARTILLERY: 1/4 ARTEFACTS: 3/3 ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS: 0/3 ALLIES: 0/400 REINFORCED UNITS: 0/4

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  2. t4tcliff
    Skink

t4tcliff Member

I'm unsure if Arcane Tome or Cloak of Feathers is the better choice. Can Flaming Weapon be used on the mount weapon profiles or just his warspear?

Another thing I am uncertain of is whether the Strategist perk of the warlord battalion can be used twice since I've taken two of the same battalion.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  3. xoid
    Terradon

xoid Well-Known Member

I believe flaming weapon can be used on a mount weapon, however it can only be used on one weapon profile, not all of them on a hero model. I don't think I'd take the Arcane Tome unless I was planning to use it to be a vessel for Kroak or a Slann to cast through.