1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS [Tournament List 2K] Fangs of Sotek

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Aktanolt, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Aktanolt
    Cold One

Aktanolt Well-Known Member

Hi guys,
    I'm here to have some insights, in 10 days i got to submit my list to the biggest french team event ( 200 players if that corona shit let's us play :D )
    My role in team was previously to take all hard stuff ( FS / Ossiarch ....) and now i have to tailor a list to fullfill a similar role in less than a weak.
    I wont try to dig the coalesced part since it's far from what i'm used to play ( shooty / magic and move tricks )
    I thought about a nice Dracothail shoot / teradon drop but there will be veteran players that know how to deploy, also , total commitment is here.
    So let's go for FANGS OF SOTEK.

Used to play Kroak double engine Astro 3*3 razordons and it was perfect.

Until now, tested Fangs vs IJ ( 2*40 skinks 2*3 sallies buff pieces and an HQ steg) i won but he alphas the 2 40 man skinks so no test to see if they seems viable to me . However i tabled him turn 3
    Then i tried Shooty Thunder lizard ( 2*3 sallies , 2 stegs , 1 engine, slann priest 10 skinks and TQ ) I lost versus my gf sylvaneth mainly due to lack of attrition and sallies dieying to battleshock ( my biggest fear )

So yep here i come. FANGS . Consider i got everything needed.

The first option is a kroak v2 that i need to try ( Seeing if the lost of herophase Losat is that harsh )

Starseer GG
    AstroBanniere
    Kroak
    Starpriest
    Priest
    Priest
    3 sala
    3 sala
    3 sala
    10 skink
    10 skink
    10 skink
    Balewind
    BoundSun
    BoundGeminids

and the other one is more shooty and control

Slann GG
    Starpriest
    Priest
    Priest
    Chef Teradon
    3 sala
    3 sala
    3 sala
    10 skink
    10 skink
    10 skink
    6 Teradons
    15 cameleon
    CP ou endless bound (B sun / BGravetide + palissade )

Would love to have your feedbacks because i cant play this weekend. Have a nice Friday all !

Captaniser, IggyStarhost and Nart like this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

I prefer the first list based off what exposure to the book I have had so far. All Skink Armies are pretty brittle.

You will also likely be forced to take top of turn one in most match ups. So there is some validity to taking a Terradon Squad and Chief to diminish the opponent's turn order advantage.

3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I also prefer the first list.

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. Blitzkriyg
    Temple Guard

Blitzkriyg Well-Known Member

What's the role of the Starpriest? If you aren't running 40 skink blocks, they are pretty worthless, fit in a starseer of you can instead

LizardWizard likes this.
  5. Shocksem
    Saurus

Shocksem Active Member

It is true that your skinks are brittle but die to the summoning changes I find you are never really hurting for bodies, bringing on 10-20 per turn. But Fangs definitely benefits from a big block of 40 skinks. something to concider.

LizardWizard likes this.
  6. Nefertem
    Temple Guard

Nefertem Well-Known Member

I tried a FOS list with 40 skinks, they were really nasty. Used a CP on the priest's CA, the Starpriest cast Hands of Glory. With the 3" move and their regular move you're fast (or you can LoSaT them). The unit hits on 4+ (80 shots), re-rolls 1, and wounds on 5s (doing an additional MW on 6s to-wound). If getting charged you have another round of shooting. So your enemy has to do something against 240 pts of skinks threatening his smaller heroes/one flank.. I'd see them as a distraction, while you can do other stuff with the rest if the army. And you always can LoSaT them out of the fry....
    Cons are the large footprint (but good clogging up a charge Lane), the time you need moving them (Lucky one of you have movement trays) and High damage artillery (crawler,...) reducing their effectivity quickly.
    My 2 cts..

LizardWizard and Imrahil like this.
  7. Aktanolt
    Cold One

Well well, finally get to try a list full oriented on magic against SCE ( stardrake / concussor / slaan / incantor Comet )
    Was Kroak / slaan / astro / priest / starpriest. 10/100/40 skinks, 2 packs of 3 sallies and a bunch of endless spell ( bwv / Bgeminids/Bsun/Bgravetide and BSwords)
    In the ends, magic was not that impressive. i got lucky enough to survive the rain of bm on my characters ( not impressed by the Astro fnp :/ ) I did a nice mw round of celestial deliverance, then runned out of target. The short range is so hard now on kroak.... i'm not even sure he worth it in terms of magic while being quite more survivable than a slann ( + cp)
    However, i really discovered 40 skinks starpriested and party shot... god that's strong ! i really concider trying a 20 cameleon pack that would shoot t1 if an opponent alpha me. 40 blobs are really cool in so many ways but arent a valid target for party shot aside being buffed.
    Salamanders were... salamanders. I'll never go out without 2 units of 3 .
    In the end, i will try again some magic stuff , maybe portal for kroak but seems way too much point for only few MW. Also a Trog can be a good Arcane vassal target but it's really pricey :/
    Also i agree , starpriest without a good target is not a good option, better take starseer.
    Will post some more list reflection and option.
    I also would love some experience on ppl using kroak as damage dealer. Can you rely on celestial deliverance ?

8. Aktanolt
    Cold One

The updated version for first list would be this one:

Allegiance: Seraphon
    - Constellation: Fangs of Sotek
    LEADERS
    Lord Kroak (320)
    - Spell : Walk Between Realms
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (140)
    Skink Starseer (140)
    - General
    - Command Trait : Master of Star Rituals
    - Artefact : Serpent God Dagger
    - Spell : Fiery Convocation
    Skink Priest (70)
    Skink Priest (70)
    Skink Starpriest (120)
    - Spell : Hand of Glory
    UNITS
    12 x Salamander Hunting Pack (240)
    40 x Skinks (240)
    - Boltspitters Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (60)
    10 x Skinks (60)
    ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS
    Balewind Vortex (40)
    TOTAL: 1980/2000

and a more shooty one would be one of those 2 options

Slaan GG
    Priest
    Priest
    Starpriest
    Starpriest
    40 skinks
    10 skinks
    10 skinks
    20 cameleon
    3 sala
    3 sala
    CP
    Bound Geminids
    Bound Swords
    -------------------------
    Kroak
    Priest
    Priest
    Starpseer GG
    Starpriest
    40 skinks
    10 skinks
    10 skinks
    20 cameleon
    3 sala
    3 sala
    CP
    Palissade

not sure on the kroak variation since he cant get a single bonus range ( no more points :/)

9. Tav
    Kroxigor

Tav Well-Known Member

Wouldn’t Kroak on a balewind, being near the bearer get +12” range. With arcane vassal you could project a 22” AOE blast 12” from Kroak. Could make the magic more effective to start tagging wounds on a lot of things

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    LizardWizard likes this.
  10. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Yes, Balewind and Saurus Astrolith Bearer will add 12" making the range 22". You can also use a Skink wizard from Arcane vessel to be the vector.

11. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

or anywhere with a troglofun

Aginor and LizardWizard like this.
  12. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

and no that was not a typo lol

Aginor, Xasto, Nart and 2 others like this.