8th Ed. ToV quick question

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by eppe, Jan 27, 2012.

1. eppe
    Kroxigor

eppe Member

If ToV is active can it's 2+ ignore miscast be used as many times as you IF in a single turn? It seems broken doing that but I can't find anything saying that you can't do it.

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

I don't see why not, also it's a remains in play spell, and it even works if you miscast while casting ToV itself.

3. Stonecutter
    Terradon

Stonecutter Member

Yes, ToV does allow you to ignore multiple miscasts so long as it is active. And if you think that is broken, you will love the next FAQ ruling. Any augment cast while ToV is in effect remains in place even if ToV is removed. As an example, if flesh to stone is cast with ToV and adds +4 T and your opponent dispels ToV afterwards, the +4 T remains in effect - the spell is not downgraded to +2T.

4. eppe
    Kroxigor

eppe Member

Throw 6 dice while casting ToV, IF get ToV off, roll 2+ ignore miscast.

Throw 6 more dice, get Flesh to Stone off, IF, roll a 2+, ignore miscast.

(more or less)

Also will ToV prevent a Hellheart miscast?

5. Gor-rok
    Terradon

Gor-rok Member

The Hellheart item text says that special rules/items that can affect a normal miscast roll may be used. RAW, some/many Ogre players argue that a roll on the miscast table is not, in fact, an actual miscast, and so will allow Infernal Puppet but not TOV or Cupped Hands.

Granted, it's the same logic that many Lizardmen players used to push Cupped Hands past TOV, but still... GW really has to clear up the wording on this kind of thing.

6. eppe
    Kroxigor

eppe Member

I just went through the FAQ for OK and didn't see anything about the Hellheart in it... so the debate continues.