9th Age TOW points for $ list

Discussion in 'Lizardmen Army Lists' started by discomute, Jan 27, 2024.

1. discomute
    Troglodon

discomute Well-Known Member

All prices in AUD
    100 Aud = 63 US = 52 pounds = 61 euro

So I'm collecting from scratch and looking at a cheap way I can get a reasonable 2000 points together. The two boxes available are primordial starhost for $300 which is a Slann ($110) 10 Saurus ($80) 3 Kroxigor ($80) and 10 skinks ($80) however the cold ones (3) are unlikely to be used due to their models same with terradons.

The other box, vanguard , I think is better value for $160 getting the carnosaur/troglodon ($110) the 10 Saurus ($80) and 3 Kroxigor ($80).

Actually I think the value is in buying two vanguard and getting Slann seperately. Also I think the Slann will be a nightmare to get on 50mm base but the only old one I can see in eBay the guy wants way too much money.

So for $600 I can have

- Slann/bsb
    - old blood on carnosaur
    - 20 Saurus, spears
    -20-30 TG (I'll have 30 models but will cut for magic items)
    - 3 krox
    - 3 krox
    - troglodon

At 20 TG I have 179 points for magic items.

2. Acehilator
    Ripperdactil

Acehilator Well-Known Member

I am going to use the new Skink Starseer as a Slann. Also you probably want a box of Skinks.

3. discomute
    Troglodon

discomute Well-Known Member

I have heard you can get him onto 50mm if you only remove a small amount of the woodland stuff. I am game for it.

4. Gothmog Lord of Balrogs
    Chameleon Skink

Gothmog Lord of Balrogs Active Member

You could possibly some $ and get old school Saurus that match your TG better by hunting down Start Collecting Seraphon boxes. Snag 2 of those and That will give you the trog and carno, 24 saurus ans 16 cav (make a spear unit and a HW unit, plus some cowboys). With the money you saved buy the krox.

This leaves you a little more flexible to play TOW and older editions/9th age/WAP if you choose