8th Ed. Transformation of Kadon

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by hilburn, Nov 5, 2013.

1. hilburn
    Cold One

hilburn New Member

Ok, so I have been wondering about this recently

In the FAQ it says that while transformed wizards retain their special rules, so if my Skink Priest/Greater Fire Dragon is busy eating some poor unfortunates can my Slann still cast spells through him?

2. Man0waR
    Kroxigor

Man0waR Member

YES. If not engaged in CC.

If someone argues about the priest cannot cast spells while in Kadon's. You can use as example the Troglodon Arcane Vassal who cannot cast any spell since it have none and can be used as a extension of your Slann.

If the priest is in CC while in Kadon's or not, you cannot use Direct Damage or Magic Missile with that priest.

Arcanne Vassal if i remember, is only for DD and MM spells.

3. hilburn
    Cold One

hilburn New Member

I think direct damage can be channelled through a skink in combat (and therefore the dragon) as long as it isn't being cast on a unit in combat. It's a fairly nitpicky reading of the rules but I think it's a valid one

4. Man0waR
    Kroxigor

Man0waR Member

The rule is meant to choose the casting position of the spell between slann or any other skink priest/troglodon.

The casting rules are the same as the BRB which state you cannot cast direct damage or Magic Missile against a unit which is engaged in combat or if the caster is engaged.

So Arcane Vassal allows your slann to cast DD or MM even if engaged, because you cast through a Vassal but if the Vassal is already engaged you cannot cast those spells through it as he couldn't do it with his own spells.

5. hilburn
    Cold One

hilburn New Member

In the BRB the rules are given as follows

Direct damage Magic Missile
    Front arc: yes yes
    LOS: no yes
    Range: yes yes
    Friendly: no no
    Enemy:yes yes

There is nothing in there about casting OUT of combat. Although the magic missiles cannot be cast if the wizard is in CC. My point is that if the Slann is out of combat he can therefore cast his DD and MM spells as usual, using the LOS of his skinky dragon minion which can probably see over the combat he is in because.. dragons are big.

It's unlikely to ever come up as you'll probably be casting Kadon last anyway after draining away your opponents dispell justin case you don't get that double 6.

6. Sleboda
    Troglodon

Sleboda Active Member

Correct. DD spells absolutely can be cast while the caster is in combat, just not into any combat, including his own.

7. Man0waR
    Kroxigor

Man0waR Member

Had to take a look on the rules. If DD could be used even if engage in CC to target non engaged units then you can use it.

Its a bit tricky hope you will not find lot of complains for using it.