1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Tri-Saurian Army List

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Salamander Tactics, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Salamander Tactics
    Skink

Salamander Tactics Member

Triple Dread Saurians.

That's right and that's it. While I do have other units to secure objectives or as a General, I spent the minimum I could on this sensibly. The basic strat is pretty straight-forward: run forward with 3 Dread Saurians and wreak havoc!!

Allegiance: Seraphon
    - Constellation: Thunder Lizard
    Mortal Realm: Ghyran

Leaders
    Engine of the Gods (260)
    - General
    - Command Trait: Prime Warbeast
    - Artefact: Fusil of Conflaguration

Battleline
    10 x Skinks (60)
    - Meteoric Javelins Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (60)
    10 x Saurus Warriors (90)
    - Clubs

Behemoths
    Dread Saurian (510)
    Dread Saurian (510)
    Dread Saurian (510)

Total: 2000 / 2000
    Extra Command Points: 0
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 147

2. Salamander Tactics
    Skink

Okay so this is my second Tri-Saurian Army, and in I think it is better. It eschews the heavy/fighting general, basically for Skink bodies.

Thus the strat is simple: Rush onto the point with the Dread Saurian and capture the point with large numbers of Skinks. Basically, it gives the enemy a choice:

1 - They can focus on your Skinks, and let the Dread Saurians run rampant - which is probably a bad idea.This also assumes the enemy can charge past the Dreads to the Skinks - which will be hiding back as much as possible since Skinks with Javelins can attack from range.Note - I really don't care if I have to bring Boltsplitters or Javelins.

2 - They can focus on your Dread Saurians, which are probably not going to be easy to kill, and allow the Skink numbers to build up points.

Basically I am tired of people saying Dread Saurians are not Meta. I think they can be Meta if played right, and while they can be countered - that is by and large only if your opponent knows what you are going to bring. And as I have said before - if they get to know what I am bringing, I should get to know what they are bringing. And if they can make a build just to counter mine, I can do likewise. And we can go in circles.

If we are both going in blind however, bringing a build which is unbalanced but goes to an extreme in one direction can usually win I think. Mostly because nobody expects it, and making builds balanced in all ways usually makes them weaker overall when dealing with a specialized strat, That is because they have units brought to counter units that their opponent's are not even bringing - which is wasted resources. Like if I brought a lot of snipers - and all the enemy brings is tanks. Those snipers become useless. Or I bring flame thrower infantry, and the enemy just brought jets - flamethrowers become useless. A build focused on having no weakness, is often times just one big weakness. over time.

Again however, if the enemy knows what you are going to bring, of course, they can prepare the perfect counter to mow down your troops. But like I said - I don't see why they get to know my army list and I do not get to know their army list. IMO letting one player know their opponent's army list so they can build around it but not the other player violates the spirit of good sports-personship in WH.

Thus without further ado, here is my newest Delta-Saurian List:

Allegiance: Seraphon
    - Constellation: Thunder Lizard
    Mortal Realm: Ghyran

Leaders
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One
    (110)
    - General
    - Command Trait: Prime Warbeast
    - Artefact: Fusil of Conflaguration

Battleline
    20 x Skinks
    (120)
    - Meteoric Javelins Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers*
    20 x Skinks (120)
    20 x Skinks (120)

Behemoths
    Dread Saurian
    (510)
    Dread Saurian (510)
    Dread Saurian (510)

Total: 2000 / 2000
    Extra Command Points: 0
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 172

Note - Boltsplitters can be taken if more range is preferred. I dont' care either way. The Skinks are mostly just there to swarm objectives.

Dragvindel likes this.
  3. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

Triple dread is a fun thing to go for the luls and the intimidating factor it brings.
    But the more I try out a double the more I find it to be more efficient and getting better results overall. It is fun to bring my colleagues and I for a good old monster mash game

4. Salamander Tactics
    Skink

All that proves is you need FOUR Dread Saurians. Technically. -_^

5. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

I am not buying a 4th one until they are lowered in points cost to 420 again