AoS Triple Dread Saurian Shenanigans!!

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Salamander Tactics, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Salamander Tactics
    Skink

Salamander Tactics Member

Nothing to see here folks, just people with spending money and priorities of someone who wants to turn people into dinosaurs, here is my fantasy Age of Sigmar army idea, based around the use of 3 Dread Saurians, because they are just too awesome.

Allegiance: Seraphon
    Mortal Realm: Ghyran

Leaders
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (240)
    - Warblade
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One (100)
    - General
    - Command Trait: Thickly Scaled Hide
    - Artefact: Greenglade Flask
    Skink Priest (80)
    - Priestly Trappings
    Skink Priest (80)
    - Priestly Trappings

Battleline
    5 x Saurus Knights (80)
    - Lances
    5 x Saurus Knights (80)
    - Lances
    5 x Saurus Knights (80)
    - Lances

Behemoths
    Dread Saurian (420)
    Dread Saurian (420)
    Dread Saurian (420)

Total: 2000 / 2000
    Extra Command Points: 0
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 105

So basically, 3 dread saurians are my actual heavy hitters/shock troops/frontline. they are made to rush into the brunt of the enemy, and just attack. These are backed by 2 Skink Priests, so that saves could be all but guaranteed to be rerolled and charges to succeed. I'd also just like a bigger bubble for it all too. That, combined with the D3 heals every turn, and the saves of 3+, they will take a good amount before going down, and do a heavy amount of damage in the meantime. This is where the Scar-Vet on a Carno really shines, I can buff one of my Saurians so that every time it rolls a 6, it does an extra attack with a weapon. Claws mean I roll up to 10 dice at full health. This is good for many reasons, including say, my opponent focusing a Dread Saurian for example. I can choose a Dread Saurian at full health - forcing my opponent to choose between switching targets to try and mitigate the extra attacks, or stay with the same target to finish it off.

This is supplemented by a good amount of cavalry units with charge bonuses. This is lead by a Saurus scar Vet on a Cold-Blood. I equipped him with extra defense and healing, to make him a tough target since his ability to buff nearby cavalry makes him a logical choice to attack. He is backed by 3 units of 5 Saurus Knights, and a Saurus Scar-Vet on a Canosaur. This can maybe flank, but is mostly just made to back the Dreads good ol' hammer-n'-anvil style. The enemy can decide to focus less on taking down the Dread Saurians of course to take down these chargers, but it would be another tough choice.

To be honest, if I was the enemy - given that Dread Saurians each have 16 wounds, high defense, and auto-healing, I would likely attack the Priests first (to make Dreads and other units more vulnerable), the General (to reduce the effects of Cavalry attacks and charges ) , the Knights (to reduce damage taken, though this hardly has much widespread reduction in enemy forces) and/or the Carno, which also has a lot of wounds and if backed by the Priests a high defense. So priorities likely are Priests first - squishy units - Dreads. The problem is this gives the Dreads extra time for an attack.

Of course, if the enemy knows this is coming they can counter effectively, but in a standard double-blind, this just sounds like a fun build that can win against most other builds.

LizardWizard, Imrahil and Carnikang like this.