1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS units sold out?!

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by tom ndege, Oct 1, 2015.

1. tom ndege
    Skar-Veteran

tom ndege Well-Known Member

Saw on the gw page that cocav the priest and some other stuff is marked as sold out... :-o Reason for fear that they will let our lizzies die a slow and silent death or reason for hope that there will be some new nice models ( especially the cold ones... I actually like{ed} the priest)

2. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

I don't hope so. I was planning on getting 2 boxes of CoRs in the future :(

3. tom ndege
    Skar-Veteran

Might still be in the shops but the website says sold out...:(

4. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

@Pinktaco I have a set of CoR's from a Battilon boxset just sat in a drawer, now you have defo won a prize in the Terrain comp so I'm posting something to you anyway, we could come to a price for the CoR's and I could send at the same time.

Waz me a PM

5. Crowsfoot
    Slann

@tom ndege If you look at the TG they are "Temporarily out of stock" that would be "no longer available" if we are being phased out.

Let's hope were getting new models, I'm selling all my DE (except Malus can't get rid of him) to make way for future Chaos and Hopefully LM release's

What baffles me more is why they are still called Lizardmen and not Seraphon on the GW site.....

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  6. tom ndege
    Skar-Veteran

Thats the case for cor and the priest.
    ... On the German pages didn't check other countries., cause I thought it is all the same due to being an internet presence.....

7. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Yeah it's the same but the Temple guard are only out of stock not unavaliable

8. CaptainFaux
    Saurus

CaptainFaux Member

I hope they're phasing out the cav cold ones for the awesome de cold ones

9. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Lizardmen Cold One Cav are usually pretty cheap on Ebay because there is an overabundance of them and the models are pretty poor in comparison to the Dark Elf ones.

10. CaptainFaux
    Saurus

CaptainFaux Member

I ordered a box and then they refunded it because one of their guys ran over it >_> bitsboys was the seller

11. Gogery
    Saurus

Gogery Member

Lord Kroak, Cold one riders, BSB, and old skink priest are all showing up as no longer available for me.

Finnboy101 likes this.
  12. CaptainFaux
    Saurus

CaptainFaux Member

What does that mean, do you think? Are they replacing them for newer models?

13. tom ndege
    Skar-Veteran

Kroak and bsb, too?! OMG!
    The old priest was unavailable since I restarted the hobby but also the guy with the feather crest is sold out so actually one can only order the one with the cloak of feathers ...

14. Freddy25
    Kroxigor

Freddy25 Well-Known Member

Guys, I can tell you what I can see from the Italian version of GW's site:
    in my country it seems there's still Lord Kroak available, and the same goes for the standard bearer,
    but I can confirm the Cavalry and the two versions of Skink Priest you said before are missing in action (both "sold out")...

Oh, and a big piece of news: now, at least here in Italy, also Temple Guard has been sold out! :eek:

It is suspicious... All these units sold out? And all together? :watching:

Here is my prediction of what is going to happen by the will of the Old Ones!

I expect (and honestly hope) Games Workshop to release new Seraphon models in a few weeks and a Black Library short.

The story "Beneath the Black Thumb" was a first step towards this new book, in which our lizards will be shown
    in a more specific way, with a proper description of the race and a presentation of a couple of different/new units, which are the units
    we are seeing as Sold Out. :turtle:

... Obviously I'm simply trying to guess what's going on... and this is a lot more a personal pray instead of
    an actual events explanation! :p

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  15. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I wouldn't bet on it. Even if we were to get new models at some point, I guarantee that there are quite a few other armies ahead of us. Furthermore, I can't seem them replacing a model as nice as Lord Kroak.

16. CaptainFaux
    Saurus

CaptainFaux Member

My GW store manager said we're due for a new release and what's happening is usually what goes on before. It should be soon!

17. Freddy25
    Kroxigor

Maybe now GW has other plans for Kroak: I mean, now in the Age of Sigmar lots of heroes have come back to life, some of them completely changed (like Malekit & his dragon, who are now a new being, Malerion) and he might be one of them.

That would mean that he could be no more a living spirit bond to a dead body (as is now and represented by the miniature) and so "he may need a new look".

And with "he may need a new look" I obviously mean "GW wants us to buy Lord Kroak again" :p

18. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I just don't think that Lizardmen/Seraphon are that high of a priority for GW and if they do decide to release models for our army I'd bet that it will be something new. Too many players already have a Lord Kroak and may not go out and buy another one.

19. Freddy25
    Kroxigor

Might be: lizardmen have never been one of the main races,
    but I hope it will change since we now have switched from "just another race" to "the only race of Order deamons" :angelic:

By the way, speaking in all honesty, if I were a GW big boss I would decide to release something for the Aelf races:
    I imagine HE - DE & WE players are a larger part than us lizzie-lovers, and I bet they feel completely lost and forgotten right now.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  20. CaptainFaux
    Saurus

CaptainFaux Member

"Big Boss" made me laugh far too much. I imagine a War boss in a business suit at a conference table with other Bosses and they're all scrunched into their chairs, like how a dad does when he plays tea party with his daughter