1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Upcoming game against Ossiarch Bonereapers

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Christopher, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Christopher
    Terradon

Christopher Well-Known Member

The subject line says it all, I'm going to be pitting my Seraphon army against the Ossiarch Bonereapers soon (so I'm super glad to see @Killer Angel's new battle report!) at 2,000 points.

So I've been theorycrafting, reading their Battletome and errata, etc.

One thing I'm considering doing is using the Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (if the Malign Sorcery box I ordered ever actually shows up) in a Slann-led Starborne army with Lord Kroak, a Starpriest and two Priests (and Knights and a behemoth or two). So, lots of spells and spell-like effects.

However, the best thing about the Geminids of Uhl-Gysh is that they can prevent units from issuing or receiving commands (note the language of the warscroll does not use "command points," just "commands").

The Ossiarch Bonereapers don't use command points, depending instead upon their Relentless Discipline points. Now, the (very friendly, actually) guy I'm playing has already played a couple of 3.0 games and successfully convinced his opponent that the Geminids, while they still do a mortal wound, do not prevent his units from issuing and receiving commands. I don't think that's right, because in their just-issued errata, under the header Using Relentless Discipline points, it says this:

Relentless Discipline points are used to issue a command (emphasis mine) in the same manner as command points...​

So I'm making a distinction between the verb (command) and the noun (command points) that might seem to some pedantic, but I really do think the Geminds are meant to work against the Ossiarch Bonereapers.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
  2. Zargore
    Skink

Zargore New Member

I think you're right a command can be issued in several different ways in 3.0 but is still a command wheter or not it was issued using command points or not.

Christopher likes this.
  3. Tyranitar
    Terradon

Tyranitar Well-Known Member

Geminids does in fact stop OBR from issuing/receiving commands. OBR still use command abilities, they just use a different resource (relentles discipline points) to do so. However, note that the geminids only stop commands from being issued/received in the following movement, shooting, and charge phase. OBR don't have a ton of things to use in those phases so for 80 points it may not be worth it for you

4. Christopher
    Terradon

Christopher Well-Known Member

Do you know that until just this minute I didn't know that Endless Spells still cost points in 3.0? Of course they do! I just was so used to seeing the ones Seraphon could use (or "bind") listed along with Seraphon's units in the Pitched Battle Profiles I kind of brain fuzzed. Thank you!

Tyranitar likes this.