1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS URGENT: GW is crowdsourcing their FAQ on Facebook!

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Ixt, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Ixt
    Troglodon

Ixt Well-Known Member

THEY ARE DOING IT FOR ONE WEEK ONLY!

I've already posted their link in a thread, but I'll post it again here. If you've got any questions about the game at all, be sure to leave a comment! As I've said, the thread is up for only one week and they are fielding one question per person. Make sure you aren't asking the same thing/the answer of another question doesn't answer your own!

Maybe even leave the question here to be reviewed by other forum members? Might not be a bad idea.

I'll get on with it. Be sure to 'Like' their page. Here's the thread!:

https://www.facebook.com/GWWarhammerAgeofSigmar/posts/456916931171772:0

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

:writing: GOOD TO KNOW.

PS. posted a summonig question

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
    Ixt likes this.
  3. Ixt
    Troglodon

Ixt Well-Known Member

Nobody has asked the painstaking question of warmachine/crew targeting yet! Or whether characters retain any abilities at all if they use a 'substitute warscroll' to become mounted.

4. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

^ haven't heard of those problems, you should post those.

5. Ixt
    Troglodon

Ixt Well-Known Member

One per person! My question was about summoning;

"Because the quantity of starting models vs. slain models is used to calculate victory, does destroying all of your opponent's starting models automatically confer a major victory ('destroyed its foe'), or does it mean that you have at least secured a minor victory ('outcome is not obvious') in the event of there being no other victory conditions?"

update: someone has asked the dreaded warmachine/crew question!

"How do we go about with warmachines crews? can I as the opponent choose to shoot at the crew/machine separately? Or do I shoot at the warmachine as a whole and the player who owns the warmachine chooses where to allocate the inflicted damage? Say I inflict 5 wounds worth of damage, can he put 1 damage on one of the crew and 4 on the machine? Thank you for this!"

6. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

I don't use Facebook but I'm tempted to join just to ask a question.

Ixt likes this.
  7. Freddy25
    Kroxigor

Freddy25 Well-Known Member

What is the question you wanted to post, @Crowsfoot ? Maybe someone else has already asked it, so it would not be a problem not to post your question!

I've asked something regarding the possibility to run for Flying and/or Retreating units.

Ixt likes this.
  8. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Good move from GW, for once...
    tnx for the info, Ixt!

Ixt likes this.
  9. Ixt
    Troglodon

Ixt Well-Known Member

My pleasure. :) Hopefully we see a summoning fix in some form!

n810 likes this.
  10. Phoedinn
    Razordon

Phoedinn Well-Known Member

Has anyone asked about drummer/ banner holders? I'm often confused as to if they count as holding the same weapon as the rest of the unit of if they have nothing at all. Most people just say yes but I would like the official answer.

11. Phoedinn
    Razordon

Phoedinn Well-Known Member

There is also the question of flying stands. should we have a standardized height for them? In the current rules I can just give them all the tall sticks and be impervious to 1" ranged damage.

12. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

This doubt never crossed my mind. In 8th it was specified by the rules that musicians and standard bearers were considered to have the same weapon of their unit. I apply the same reasoning to AoS.

Bowser likes this.
  13. Xlanax_lot
    Troglodon

Xlanax_lot Well-Known Member

If you have multiple astrolith bearrsr planted... Do you get multiple bonuses? Do all abilities stack?

14. Xlanax_lot
    Troglodon

Xlanax_lot Well-Known Member

Other question could be if the following is legal or not:

Before we could only move on the x-y plane since everithing was mesured from base to base, now however you mesure to the model, and measure vertical distances wen moving. This means that we have now fredom to move in the x-y-z plane. Tjis at first glance may seem like a trivial thing but for game play it is gamechanging. Let me just give you an example.

Consider a flying unit with a range attack, our terradons for example. Lets say they are equiped with starstrike jabalins (range 10"). Now since they are a flying unit and now you can move in the x-y-z plane this means that during the movement phase tbey can effectivelly move in the z direction (UP) a maximum distance of 14", so now you can place your terradons in a place where no melee weapon can reach them but you can still shoot with your javalins. This is huge since the only way to kill them now is using other fliers, shooting them, magic, or prayers but infantry threaths are out of the game. Adittionally if you think like that than the rule that at first seemed really strange "swooping dive" now make sense.

This is just an example but this could be used in many cases, take for example lord croak and Make him fly in a similar way as we mentioned before, now he gets that much harder to kill.

What do you guys thibk about this I would love to know your thoughts

15. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

:writing: ^ you might want to spell check everything, before you make an official post...
    (cause your spelling is about as good as mine)

Xlanax_lot likes this.
  16. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

StealthKnightSteg Well-Known Member

Might want to check this thread:
    http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/my-go-at-expanding-upon-the-aos-flight-mechanics.17393/

Xlanax_lot and Phoedinn like this.