8th Ed. using the old Slann (with the bearers)

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by borkbork, Oct 29, 2011.

1. borkbork
    Ripperdactil

borkbork Active Member

Hi,

not necesarrily a rules question, but what is the most practical way to use an old slann (the one which is carried by the 4 temple guard).

1. just ignore the 4 tg models (but could that be confusing for an opponent as he may misjudge the number of tg models).

2. or model the slann in suche a way he occupies 8 spots?

3. something else

thx

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Either 1 or 2 would work. 1 would be easiest, and it really shouldn't confuse an opponent. Most people count bases across and deep rather than counting heads since its quicker.

3. borkbork
    Ripperdactil

borkbork Active Member

thx strewart.

probably have to settle for option 2 tho.
    Just finished the count of the models i bought and only have 17 temple guard (excluding the 4 bearers).

so with the beares i ll make it to 20 (which seems like a good unit size to me)

4. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Just remember if all your TG die, you need either a way to detach those 4 from the Slann, or a different Slann without them to place in, or at least some kind of clear marker system to show your opponent that they are dead. If you only play friendly games it should be fine, but tournaments might have a problem if his base size isn't right.

5. Lord Tsunami
    Salamander

Lord Tsunami Member

i think you could squeeze him in on a 50mm base. if not, just make a 75x50 mm base and tell your opponent that only 2 of the TG models are actually there for gaming purposes. If he can not accept/understand that your are playing with idiots. you shouldnt play with idiots :D

6. borkbork
    Ripperdactil

borkbork Active Member

7. BEEGfrog
    Razordon

BEEGfrog Member

I converted my bearers to TG and the slann to floaty palanquin because I needed the extra TG.

You could actually just squeeze the palanquin model plus bearers on to two cavalry bases side by side (effectively 50mm x 50mm) and fit them in a unit.