1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Vampire cult (working title)

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Lord-Marcus, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

This is going to be a notes space and discussion thread for my vampire cult 3D printing project. The name is a work in progress.

Basically, I need a project that I can use as test beds during machine maintenance. Since I do maintenance relatively regularly this may get updated more frequently.

I also like to use these sub-blogs as notes spaces because I tend to have the forum up on my phone and I lose track of personal notes in other applications and such.

Starting with today:

Characters:

I wanted to go with a cult leader. This was actually what inspired the project.

I was playing around with a body from the classic fantasy cultist set and arms from that set and the Aztec sacrifice set. Both of these are by War Games Atlantic digital. The Head is by a designer on my mini factory that I downloaded ages ago and I will have to look up and edit this post with.

This is the result of version 2 of the supports. Version 1 completely failed. At least I got a model that I can work with this time.

PXL_20230321_064938638~2.jpg

Notes for v 2.0 of the supports on cult-leader01:

Right foot needs more supports towards the heel.

Chalice also needs reinforcement or readjustment as the bottom half failed.

Head needs to be increased 10% in size. Wings on the helmet are thin enough to be membranous.

Cult Infantry:

I wanted to start off with something that had a two-handed axe. I combined a body from the Atlantic digital classic fantasy cultists set with arms from The blood oath Viking berserkers Atlantic digital set. The head is the same as the character figure.

PXL_20230321_064929472~2.jpg

Notes for cultaxeinfantry01:

Support structure on these had the legs print fine. Only other issue was the helmet wings as noted in the character above. Also helmet size.

So all in all I've had a good first print test run which both tells me my maintenance is getting there and creates a usable hobby project.

Just A Skink and Imrahil like this.