1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Vet Player Looking to start Lizzardmen; 2250 pts

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by BlakkMetalRaaah, May 28, 2008.

1. BlakkMetalRaaah
    Jungle Swarm

BlakkMetalRaaah New Member

Hey, Ive been playing warhammer for a number of years and am looking to start the lizardmen. Below is an army list I came up with (I do own the army book) and it is currently what I plan on buying. Let me know how it looks, espcially because it may prevent me from buying something I then wont use again! :p

Characters
    Saurus Oldblood
    -Blade of Revered Tzunki
    -Glyph Necklace
    -Blessed Spawning of Itzl
    -Blessed Spawning of Quetzl
    -Blessed Spawning of Huanchi
    -Carnosaur
    -Light Armor
    -Shield
    Total: 490

Skink Priest
    -Level 2
    -2x Dispel Scrolls
    Total: 150

Skink Priest
    -Level 2
    -Cube of Darkness
    Total: 140

Core
    10x Skinks
    -Scout
    Total: 70

10x Skinks
    -Scout
    Total: 70

12x Skinks
    Total: 72

12x Skinks
    Total: 72

Special
    6x Saurus Cavalry
    -Full Command
    -Sun Standard of Chotec
    Total: 300

20x Saurus Warriors
    -Full Command
    -Blessed Spawning of Quetzl
    Total: 300

3x Kroxigors
    Total: 174

3x Kroxigors
    Total: 174

Rare
    Stegadon
    Total: 235

TOTAL: 2247

The plan is the Oldblood on carny deploys on one flank with the Cav. The Steg and one unit of skink screen + Krox deploys on the other, and the warriors + remaining unit of skink screen + krox takes the middle. Im hoping to get some nasty flank charges in with the Oldblood, hence the spawning of Huanchi (can you imagine the look on my opponents face when that guy comes flying through a forest into their flank? Ignoring difficult terrian ftw!)

One note. The Oldblood on Carnosaur is not negotiable. Im taking one no matter what. However, advice on equipement is always nice :meh:

Oh, dont know if this is relevent, but my regular opponents (guys in my gaming group) are Dark Elves (with a Lord on Dragon), Vampire Counts, Bretonnians, Ogres, and a new guy starting Daemons. I play against DE and VC more then the others, and thats my brother and a close friend's army.

Thanks.

2. Sammy the Squib
    Salamander

Sammy the Squib Member

Hi, welcome to the site :)

Looks like a strong list and should do well. Lots of nasty monsters in there!

I've always prefered the aura of quetzl over the glyph necklace, since it's those strength 5 attacks which are most likely to give the guy trouble

Stonehambey

3. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

I agree with Stonehambey, that list should handle most things pretty efficiantly. I play ogres a lot I haven't found them to be much of a threat, however deamons are a problem for every army. Never fought the other two with lizards so I can't offer advice there, but I think the list you got will do great. Good Luck with your new army.

4. SohCahToa
    Kroxigor

SohCahToa New Member

Here's some thoughts,

5. BlakkMetalRaaah
    Jungle Swarm

BlakkMetalRaaah New Member

Well, it looks so far like my model choices are fine, its just my gear that may be an issue. Which is excellent, as changing gear doesnt leave me with useless models.

Ill consider the salamandes. I do really like the Steg though, so he might stay. Maybe I do a couple games with proxies, none of my buddies will care in the least.