1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Vs Dwarfs, List collection

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by BricksNotBombs, Jan 27, 2023.

1. BricksNotBombs
    Jungle Swarm

BricksNotBombs Member

Hey guys,

I've been playing Fantasy (7th edition) recently with my Beastmen, but finally have a Lizardmen army (more or less) ready to play with. I've been playing against a Dwarf player and wanted to get some feedback on my list. First game with my Lizardmen (for about 15 years) is this coming Monday.
    His tactics, so far, seem to be sitting back and whittling down units with cannon and organ gun fire, so I went for speed with my list.

I also figured, seeing as it looks like I'll be regularly facing off against some dwarfs in the future, that this thread could be a pool of army lists found effective against Dwarf armies.

*** List ***

Scar-Vet (general), cold one, L armour & shield, Glyph necklace (5+ ward), sword of might (+1 strength)

Skink Priest, level 2, Rod of the Storm and Cloak of Feathers

Skink Chief, BSB, Talisman of protection (6+ ward), L armour

10 Skink Skirmishers, javelins and Shields, brave

11 Skink skirmishers, javelins and Shields, brave

18 temple guard, full command, Haunchi's blessed totem (+D6" charge move)

7 cold one Riders, full command, Skavenpelt banner (frenzy)

5 Chameleon skinks, stalker

2 Jungle Swarm bases

Salamander Hunting pack

Just shy of 1.5k points. The Dwarf player usually sits at the back and uses his cannon to whittle down ranks as I move up (I've played him with my Beastmen a few times). I've gone with 18 Temple guard for 3 ranks of 6 to minimise potential cannon damage, and the 2 extra cold one Riders are just for extra wounds. I'm hoping both units can get into combat where they should cause some decent damage (particularly cold one Riders, with frenzy). The Chameleon skinks and Salamander are for war machine hunting, and regular skinks for flank harassment, as well as the Skink Priest who should be able to fly around zapping things.

Any recommendations for changes or swaps please do let me know. Even though it's a friendly game I hate losing with my beautiful Lizards!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2023
    shattershell likes this.