8th Ed. waagh and war machines

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Xul, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Xul
    Temple Guard

Xul New Member

We had a nice game with an orc&goblin player this weekend. however, there was 1 questionable point - according to the 8th rules, crews don't abandon war machines. according to his waagh rule, the crews of warmachines have to move away from them - for that game, we agreed on his rulebook taking precedence (as also stated in the 8th rules), thus moving the crew away from the machine. but we also agreed, that we need to look into this, as the crew leaving can create some nasty situations (with charging, shooting it etc...). do you have any clue? anyone faced the same problem? there is no ruling in his FAQ on this...
    P.S.: he got his green behind kicked by the lizards anyway ;)

2. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

What was the exact circumstance? If it was a result on a misfire or something like that, I would say that his rule book stands.

3. Ilnar3
    Chameleon Skink

Ilnar3 New Member

.... Well no, the rules for war machines say they can move like anyone else, albeit they can't march,
    The animosity rules say if you waah you move straight forward d6 inches,

So the entire war machine would move forward, mildly annoying, but there you go, I expect it will be faq'ed

4. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

I guess I did not read that thorough enough. What Ilnar3 said. I was reading way to deep into that.