1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Wargames Con GT, Game 1

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by hdctambien, Jul 6, 2014.

1. hdctambien
    Terradon

hdctambien Active Member

This is a battle report done by my opponent in the 1st game of last week's Wargames Con in Austin, TX. Here you can see how a Cold One bus is played poorly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcH6BIBImxU

I don't want to give away the ending but the audio gets a little glitchy in the middle (right where it starts getting exciting!) so I'll just say two comets drop at the same time, one with 3 tokens and one with 1 token!

(Also, in the beginning he says I was using High Magic, but my Slann was actually running Death)

My second game was against a Dwarf Army that had 2 cannons, 1 flame cannon, 2 Organ Guns, and 2 Gyrocopters. I learned that you should stay outside of 30" from the Dwarf line until their warmachines are taken care of (he killed all 13 of my Cold One Knights and my BSB before I had my first turn... but by mid game I dropped a comet that took out 4 of his 6 warmachines and a bunch of his infantry)

Then in my 3rd game of the day I was beaten pretty bad by our own Olderplayer's Dark Elves. He even forgot to move most of his army though out the game and beat me pretty much with his Lord, 4 RBTs, and some crossbowmen.

Day 2 I lost to a Skaven player that I play all the time at the local store (I was 1 wound away from killing his Abomination in turn 1, but he got on a regeneration hot streak and ended up grinding my Cold Ones down to nothing over the next 3 or 4 combat phases) and then I got a 20-4 victory against a Vampire Counts army after a Comet with 4 tokens took out his Terrorgheist (that was wreaking havoc behind my lines of Skinks) and my Old Blood lived long enough in a challenge with his Blender Lord for the rest of my Cold One unit to crumble the giant bunker of Skeletons to dust.

I learned a lot and hopefully will be a bit more competitive for the Bayou Battles in August! Maybe I'll bring a camera and try to get some battle reports of my own up.