1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Warlords GT report

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by padleyfm, Sep 19, 2014.

1. padleyfm
    Jungle Swarm

padleyfm New Member

Warlords GT a 94 player event thia year run last weekend and hear is a run down of my games and my finishing

Right run down of my games have to bare with me first time doing battle reports hopefully not the last

First of all a copy of My list
    comp score 3

Slann Mage-Priest: Harmonic Convergence; Channelling Staff; Lore of Metal; Battle Standard; General 370

Saurus Oldblood: Arabyan Carpet; Enchanted Shield; Sword of Might; Dragonbane Gem; Light armour 229

Tetto'eko 185

Saurus Scar-Veteran: Dragonhelm; Dawnstone; The Other Trickster's Shard; Great Weapon; Light armour; Cold One 160

Skink Priest: Dispel Scroll 90

10 Skink Skirmishers: Lustrian javelin; Shield 70
    20 Skink Cohort: Musician; Standard Bearer 120
    19 Skink Cohort: Musician; Standard Bearer 115
    19 Skink Cohort: Musician; Standard Bearer 115
    18 Skink Cohort: Musician; Standard Bearer 110

3 Terradon Riders 105
    3 Terradon Riders 105
    5 Chameleon Skinks 65
    5 Chameleon Skinks 65
    5 Chameleon Skinks 65

1 Salamander Hunting Pack 80
    1 Salamander Hunting Pack 80
    2 Razordon Hunting Pack 130

2,399 points

My plann going into the event was chaff up units with double flees and split there army in 2 taking bit by bit down, vet is there to tie hard targets up things like beasts nurgel ogres exc. #flyblood to take backfield taking out key points threatening bunkers, then just mass poison and hunting packs to chip away.

heavens + metal magic is a very good combo ,metal gives me all answers to high armour army's stanks, the main spells I want is enchanted blades though but final trance and searing doom help as well ha! Also razadons are not as bad as everyone makes them out to be loved them!!!

Just quick note on comp was using SCGT comp with ETC terrain and line of sight rules, so w/l/d only 101points for the win there was also 6 missions worth 100vps a game only use one mission once though. But anyway into the games...

Game 1 v Alex a Norwegian ETC player Deamons of chaos - battle line

Comp 3
    Blue scribes
    2x lvl2 metal tzench heralds
    2x 24horrors full command
    1x 25horrors full command
    5 furies
    2 nurgelings
    3 fiends
    2x 6 beasts of nurgel
    2xskill cannons

Thought into game vet to tie one beast unit up all game 1+rerolling armour should be easy, His skill cannons are useless he carnt get the vet or #flyblood, try get behind the lines and take all the horrors braking his fortitude (should have said braking fortitude gets you a free 100vps), my main worry was rain of chaos with 16 units but take that as it comes.

Was a very close game not a lot of vps taken either way #flyblood got behind there lines turn 1 thanks to vanguard forcing a skill cannon to go after him he xharged a horror unit turn 2 was killed by a skill cannon turn 5 in combat he took in horror unitdown to the last man in the prosess razadons shot the 3 fiends dead in one volly 20shots 18hits or something silly enchanted blades helped

I was up 116VPs at the end and I got my mission so a small win but a win non the less

Game 2 Gerry dark elves -battle line

Comp 2
    Choppy Lord coldone
    Lvl3 light magic mounted
    Bsb condone
    2x 5 dark riders
    1x 10 dark riders
    12? Xbows
    2x bolt throwers
    11x coldone knights
    12x coldone knights
    5 warlocks
    Meduser

2 big knight units wow what to do glad I had a metal magic slann was fairly confident going in. Plann control the flanks and just tie up the knights then metal magic and s6 magic missiles from heavens to weeken up

With metal magic I do the same plan ever game v high armour army's if tetto doesn't roll a 1 you can happy 2 dice plague of rust every turn need a 4 to cast so if fail there will be a 1 there to reroll. By end of game had his main knigh bunker down to a 5+ armour save :D

I got 1st turn and had my #flyblood behind his lines turn1 taking dark riders out all game!

Was supprised he played very defensive giving me free rain of the board picking away, I messed up forgetting coldone cav are s6 on the charge though they were s5 so put my vet in front to be charged he died and over ran into skinks :( but didn't chanse then instead he turned to face my lines so reformed and chaffed him up.

Then I did 12 hits with searing doom killing all 9 knights left In that unit, I was able to take all his chaff Warmachines only had 5 knights lvl3 ,Bsb and Lord left end of game

~1200vp win and got my mission

Game 3 Mar c and warriors of chaos -battle for the pass

Comp 2
    Lord on disk silly armour silly ward
    Bsb condone n demonic mount
    lvl2 fire
    Lvl 1 metal
    25warriors of chaos sword and shield tzench
    2x 5 dogs
    1 charriot of slannesh
    2x chimeras
    1xhellcannon

So thoughts
    Lord and Bsb could be an issue try avoid the Lord Bsb may be killable Lord not so much. Plague rust the warriors lots of points there, chimeras and chariot easy points with poison big plann get coldone vet into the hellcannon can grind him out easy! there was a building middle of board plann dance round that all game!!

I got 1st turn and magic was amazing searing doom killed chariot out right and tetto got a chain lightening hitting both dogs both chimeras and the warriors before ending chipping one or 2 wounds hear and there was very happy with a turn 1 he breathed weaponed lots of skink but I think this was a mistake on his behalf due to leaving his chimeras and Lord open to lots of poison, basically the points he got from the breath weapons was the only ones he got was pritty much over turn 4 then I just kept double fleeing his Lord till end of game

Have to quote this he is a good friend of mine but he been out game for ages:
    Marc - 4 dice glittering scales on my chimera....
    Me. - ...okay bro you can have that one
    Marc - cool 2+ armour chimera
    Me - sorry mate don't stack
    Marc - sh#t...

Basically he got 2 chamo units and a skirmish unit from me I got 2200 + my mission

So day 1 3 wins 3 mission max points was very happy with this day 2 table 5

Game 4 another Norwegian ETC player vamps this time

Comp 0 or 1carnt remember
    Blender Lord on foot
    2x lvl2 death necros
    2x banchies
    2xdogs
    2x 20 zombies
    1x 30 zombies
    1x 40+ skeletons
    8 chript horrors
    2x terrors

I like the vampire match up only if I can deal with the terrors cos once they gone I can vet his horrors with no worries so plann kill terrors asap tetto your up!!

Very defensive on my half just chipping models away with salamanders, skink and the razors (vanguard salamander are amazing killing 14/20 zombies turn 1) wile terradons get in the way pestering things and dropping rocks on the terrors

Vamps carnt do much to catch the cloud with all the ground units, I was lucky with drawing his vampire away with charges forcing double flee but doing so pulled his. Terrors out of march range so 2 turns they did nothing

#flyblood was amazing this game I kept moving him 8 so opponent though he was on foot (dirty I know but why not) he set a unit of dogs up to chaff the oldblood and a terror just behind them so I couldn't over run in to it. (only on 2w bare in mind) look on his face when I flew over the dogs was priceless!! (i know I'm not nice)

But that same turn I final transed his vampire Lord (turn 3) and the terror poped :( it basically was game over there no more vampire magic around so nearly everything crumbled away

He got few points on the way down though was a easy 20-0 to me though by the end. And I got my mission so 4 out of 4 so far

Best lesson I can pass on about razadons is, turn the razadons to point there rear to the enemy they can flee from charges!

Game 5 high elves comp (carnt remember) -this was the hardest game of warhammer I have ever played ever easy best game of the weekend!! -battle line

Choppy Lord mounted
    Lvl4 life mounted (dwellers)
    Bsb mounted
    Karadrian + frosti
    21 silver helmes
    12 archers
    10 shadow warriors
    2x frostis

Yes hard haha! Thought were how am I supposed to get any points from this ha! But hay lets just see what poison can do I can out move him even with all the flying stuff (hopefully)

was hoping for turn 1 But he got it so he ran up 6dice dwellers on slann - scroll

My turn1 peppered things taking wounds off things. Final transe his buss - scroll

His 2 karadrian charged 10 skink stand shoot killed the him off the top haha and 2 wounds to the frosti, then it happened 6dice dwellers slann double 6. Slann dead turn 2 :( my Hart dropped (was bad play by me should have been no were near his range)

My turn 2 i thought well let's see what happens! And it did everything went ape sh#t and 2 salamanders 2 chamo units 2 cohort units killed 18 out of 21silver helmes! Wow ridiculous correct
    And I took some wounds off some frosties

His 3 took some chaff but double flee his bus that got stuck on a building giving me a free turn

Then till turn5 he was pushing at me and my luck was not there untill my turn 6last turn of the game ... So get ready to hear what happened next...

...Ready...

...12 dice magic phase and tetto rolls a 1 so rerolling 6s (at this point of game I have 0 points from my opponent )

Then it happened myturn6 I got with a mixture of magic and shooting
    Karadrians frosty - thunderbolt
    Another frosty. - ice shard (signature)
    The silver helms (chain lightening)
    The archers ( scarvets coldone)
    The shadow warriors (#flyblood)
    The Bsb (chain lightening)
    The lvl4 mage (poison)

So he had 1 frosty with 1 wound and his Lord on full left

Yes I got 1800ish vps last turn!!

We both looked at each other and was shocked but I got him a pint he was happy anuff ha!

Was a 1500 point swing in my favor at the end I have no idear how I pulled a 20-0 off from been slannless turn 2. Didn't get my mission though

So that's 5 wins 4mission

Game 6 table 2 v deamons with comp of 4

Great unclean one nurgel magic
    Bsb
    40plagye bearers
    20 plague bearers
    Nurgelings
    Furies
    6x beast
    9x beasts

Yea 15 beasts with a comp of 4!!
    Was thinking to myself again were the hell do I get points from this!! Pappa nurgel dies fast to poison if he give me chance, vet with dawn stone to tie up the 9 beast unit but other that that hear we go last game I'm happy either way!!

Tetto and the metal slann was the stars of this game

Turn1 halved his 40man unit and took his Bsb with final transe

His turn 1 everything was stupid due TO no Bsb reroll haha! Giveing me a free turn this was life saving

Then all I was doing for 4 turn was feeding him chaff just danced round him poisoning away, tying beasts up on both flanks with my #flyblood and vet

And then I did it again! tetto turn 6 with a 4 marker commet took out both plague bearer units then he thunder bolted his great unclean one off (was on 1w after skink vollies)

He got 1150 vps of me I got 1800 off him no mission though

Sorry about game 6 nothing really happened my speed and his slow movement just let me have movement control

So 6 games 6 wins 4 missions. Comp score 3

Just so people know the 1st tie barker was missions then it was comp score

Will who took 1st was on 6 wins 5 missions comp 0

I took 2nd with 6 wins 4 mission and comp 3

So if I had 1 more mission I would have got 1st ha :D was a very very good weekend had 6 very good games

2nd place and best in race cracking weekend recommend to anyone (next lizard was 54! Was shocked)

#flyblood is ace. Razadons as much as I liked them this weekend they really were useful I do think a 3rd terradon unit would be better

Would not change my list much its very fun to play you only win turn 5/6 though as proven haha!

Well thank to anyone who actually read my report (please let me know we're to improve :D)
    Thanks
    Adam

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

great stuff man congrats on the win. :)

Ps. who did you play in game 6 ?

3. padleyfm
    Jungle Swarm

padleyfm New Member

Thanks man! Game 6 I really carnt remember the guys name, for some reason never wrote it down ha was a solid deamons of chaos list tho

4. borkbork
    Ripperdactil

borkbork Active Member

sounds like you had a blast!

gratz on the result.