7th Ed. weapons and stupidity Questions

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by speedygeko, Jan 4, 2010.

1. speedygeko
    Cold One

speedygeko New Member

Q1 can my saurus hero have a magic weapon & an aditional hand weapon e.g scimitar of the sun resplendant and an extra hand weapon for an amazing 8 attacks

Q2 do units that have been shot by a stand and shoot charge reaction loose attacks e.g. night goblins charge skinks, skinks stand and shoot kill of 6/20 do the gobos lose any attacks?

Q3 in the rule book it says that stupid units take a "test" and dosent describe wich type @ 1st i thought it was a leadership test but thats abit harsh on units like trolls who have LD4 if it is a leadership test poor trolls have to do alot of random walking LOL (i know this because i also play orcs but i prefere lizards because of orcs low leadership and and amosity)

thanks Geko

2. Bibamus
    Bastiladon

Bibamus New Member

A1: you can have a magic weapon and a mundane weapon but you use 1 or the other. so either your saurus has 4 attacks or he has 6. you cannot combine normal and magical weapons. nor can you claim a aprry bonus with a magical weapon and a shield

A2: when a unit suffers casualties from shooting you remove modles from teh rear rank. while technically the goblins lose 6 attacks they lose them from the rear rank so the front rank get to make all attacks they can. best part of that is that if you kill 5/20 they have to test for panic and maybe they don't charge you

A3: all pshycology tests are Ld tests, so stupidity is a Ld test. trolls indeed have Ld4, that means its mperative they are ALLWAYS in 12" of your general untill they see combat

3. speedygeko
    Cold One

speedygeko New Member

ok thanks very mutch :smug: :D

4. Wolf
    Kroxigor

Wolf Member

A1: not completely correct I think, I thought I read somewhere that if you have a magical weapon that you have to use it in CC. Can anyone get a reference for this if they know where to find it?

5. Gripper
    Skink

Gripper New Member

Think you are right not sure where in the BRB it is but Bretts have an exception to this to allow them to use a lance on the 1st round of combat and then a magic weapon in the second.

6. Okopipi
    Saurus

Okopipi New Member

That sounds more like an exception to having to use the same weapon throughout a combat.

7. Bibamus
    Bastiladon

Bibamus New Member

thats a brettonian exception since they don't have many magical weapons better than a lance on the turn they charge, but if they get stuck in CC a hero is allmost as useless as a generic knight without some other weapon.
    like every other cavalry in game really, but they are all cavalry so they have a fail safe mechanism for their heroes

8. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yeah if you have a magic weapon you have to use it... Its in the BRB in the magic items section. Add the scimitar with the maiming shield on an old blood for the 8 attacks though, put him on a carno and he can have 9 when the carno becomes frenzied since it transfers.

9. speedygeko
    Cold One

speedygeko New Member

does that maen you cant weild a magic weapon and anything alse unless it is magic so if your are using the scimitar you have to have a magical shield to benifit the +1 save from it in close combat?(or +2 as the case my be)

Geko

10. Wolf
    Kroxigor

Wolf Member

No, if you wield a magical weapon and a normal shield you still get the +1 for having a shield. If you're fighting on foot though you don't get the additional +1 for fighting with Hand Weapon and Shield. (This is why Venom of the Firefly Frog is so good; you get the magical attacks but you get the keep the additional +1 to your save.)

For example:
    A Scar-Veteran with light armour, shield (mundane) and the Scimitar of the Sun Resplendent gets a 3+ Armour Save.
    A Scar-Veteran with light armour, Maiming Shield and the Burning Blade of Chotec gets a 3+ Armour Save as well.
    A Scar-Veteran with light armour, Maiming Shield and the Venom of the Firefly Frog gets a 2+ Armour Save (Hand Weapon and Shield bonus).
    A Scar-Veteran with light armour, Enchanted Shield and the Venom of the Firefly Frog gets a 1+ Armour Save.

Note: all builds are on foot, if mounted on a Cold One an additional 2 is 'added' to the armour save, but the Hand Weapon and Shield bonus cannot be counted.

11. speedygeko
    Cold One

speedygeko New Member

what does that have to do with the venom? does that men there is a difference between the armour save for;
    a scar-vet with a magic weapon and shield
    a scar-vet with hand weapon and shield
    a scar-vet with hand weapon, shield and venom of the fire fly

Geko

12. Wolf
    Kroxigor

Wolf Member

If you wield a magical weapon then you don't get the additional +1 to your Armour Save for using a mundane hand weapon and a shield. The venom grants you the magical attacks and lets you keep the additional +1 as you're still fighting with a mundane hand weapon.