1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which historical figures make sense as undead?

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Lord-Marcus, Jan 19, 2023.

1. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

1 Part thought experiment, 1 part inspiration generation:

Which historical figures make sense as undead? liche, vampire, otherworldly creature of death?

I think we can count Rasputin and Vlad Tepes by default.

Valerian makes sense, for Rome. Persian mysticism combined with arrogance and wanting a puppet ruler for their largest rival. They do some magic-handwavy shenanigans and boom, you have Vamperor Valerian.

He has the traditional vamp powers with necromancy as an easy side twist.

Zombie and skeleton Roman legions ensue.

2. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

I would put into the list also the Countess Bathory

3. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

I've never seen her as a vampire. Maybe a liche, or an insane, occult obsessed necromancer.

4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

well, we were talking about undead and after her entombment i can easily see her in such a shape.

5. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

Tk'ya'pyk Well-Known Member

Historical figures... as undead... ooooookay....

Ivan the Terrible: He was kind of insane to begin with, killed indiscriminately, and was prone to bouts of paranoia. Sounds like a vampire to me.
    Queen Victoria: When you rule for that long, there has to be a reason. This probably isn't it, but think of the changes it would cause to the entirety of European politics, as so many of her descendants were controlling other countries!
    Cesare Borgia (not to mention Rodrigo and possibly Lucretia): Do I need to explain this one?
    Frederick Barbarossa (HRE): Big, thugly man with a red beard who overpowered everyone around him? Could be a vampire.
    Ghengiz Khan: Vampire horsemen (Eastern Knights?) riding down the peasants and terrorizing the countryside?
    I'm sure I could think of more if I was more awake...