1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6th Ed. Which Magic Lore

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by Gary_M, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Gary_M
    Razordon

Gary_M Well-Known Member

I have a game of 6th edition coming up, only small at 1500 points and no Lords allowed (only heroes).

While our magic will be restricted to Heavens via Skink Priest for this game, I hope to do larger games with a Slann in the near future.

In 8th I liked High, but with magic being a very different beast in 6th what would peoples recommendations be?

FYI - I've never played 6th ed before!

2. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

The Lore of Heavens was considered by many to be the best lore in 6th edition.

Uranon's Thunderbolt completely bypasses all armor saves.

Forked Lightning, Uranon's Thunderbolt and Second Sign of Amul have unlimited range and do not require line of sight.

The level one spell (which you can always choose to take) allows rerolls on failed dice rolls. That is HUGE considering Warhammer is a dice based game.

I remember a game I played, "Whoops, Salamander missed. Let's reroll, hit! 1d6 wounds, 1, no, let's reroll that. 5."

I remember from Lustria-Online's predecessor the Temple Pyramid Vault that competitive builds often gave the Lore of Heavens to the Slann AND take Skink priests with Heavens.

I don't even remember what the second most popular choice was.

Gary_M likes this.
  3. Peryuri
    Skink

Peryuri New Member

Well i tried a full-fire-lore-slann the other day and it's amazingly fun to play, he can dash out major damages to the enemy. The only downside is the 24" radius for most spells.
    I heard that Heaven and Shadow were the other 2 most used spell lores. As for the spell, since you roll randomly the ones you get there is no point in saying "take this or that".
    Then again, take a Plaque of tepok in order to know 1 more spell (5 spells in 1 lore almost guarantee that you'll get the one you need). As for multiple lores in one game, just get lucky i guess....

Gary_M likes this.
  4. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

In sixth edition you could always swap out a spell for the 1-slot spell. Heavens has what is probably the best 1-slot spell.