1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. WPS comp 2250 lizardmen

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by teknistmajjan, Jul 10, 2009.

1. teknistmajjan
    Skink

teknistmajjan New Member

As always i am in the mood to try out new lists, have yet not descided with one i am going to stick with for more then 5-10 games, and now there is a new WPS comp system out so im trying a new approach.

Even if i am always arguing against the Carnosaur i am gonna try it out here.

Characters

Oldblood: Carnosaur, enchanted shield, blade of realites, light armour 455

Scar-vet: Cold one, light armour, sword of might, shield of the mirrored 185

Skink priest: level 2, diadem of power, scroll 150

Core

20 x Saurus Warriors: Spears, std, muso 258

20 x Saurus Warriors: Spears, std, muso 258

10 x skink skirmish 70

10 x skink skirmish 70

10 x skink skirmish 70

10 x skinks 50

10 x skinks 50

Special

Stegadon 235

4 x Terradon Riders 120

Rare

Ancient stegadon 275

Total: 2246

So this list scores 15 in the comp system which is what we play at the club.

Feel free to comment and leave tips, i really like the idea of this list, a nice infantry based army with some shooting and hard hitters, looks fun to play and play against.

2. Sashu
    Skink

Sashu New Member

The one thing I would try and include is musicians on the ranked skink units. The value of +1 LD when rallying can be great.

Secondly, is there a reason the priest isn't on one of the stegadons?

Otherwise, from what I can see, the list looks solid.

3. pika82
    Saurus

pika82 New Member

i guess that maybe your magic defense is a little low even with the diadem and scroll you have no chance against a heavy magic list and the carnosaur attracts alot of magic missels and of course pits of shades and yout initiative isn't high...

4. teknistmajjan
    Skink

teknistmajjan New Member

Hey i am not sure if you are familliar with the WPS comp system

here is a link http://atlantis.sverok.net/WPS/RT_WPS_Comp_20090302_v1_4_beta.pdf

Thing being that 5 DD and 1 scroll is enough here, you will not see any magic heavy daemons, vc etc cause they get to punished for magic.

And since Carnosaur not being large target he is "easy" to hide :D

5. pika82
    Saurus

pika82 New Member

oh with those rules i think you got a solid list and thanks for the link BTW.

6. teknistmajjan
    Skink

teknistmajjan New Member

Aye, i think it might work.

Was supposed to be playing it a few hours ago but my opponent entered a 12000 point battle :)

3 on 3 with 2k each, hehe gonna take for ever :D

7. teknistmajjan
    Skink

teknistmajjan New Member

YES!, i got to fight him after all... just a few hours before UFC 100 started ^^

Well it was a complete massacre, i lost 2 units of skink skirmishers along with one unit of skink cohort, beside that i wiped the table clean.

My carnosaur worked along with my steggy really well... the US of those two after a combat are not to be overlooked :)

I know i know the carnosaur isnt point effective but it is fun to try out.

will go up against a empire army as soon as i get the chance :)

8. Revered_Guardian
    Troglodon

Revered_Guardian New Member

How is carni not point effective? he is less points then a stegadon, still causes terror, moves faster,multiplied wounds, high strength, sure he doesn't give the oldblood an amazing save but oldblood can get it anyways, together the oldblood and his mount can shred entire units, the carnosaur can eat heroes and dragons and stuff with ease!

9. teknistmajjan
    Skink

teknistmajjan New Member

It is a point sink due to being a monster mount that is not able to fly, which means against good opponents it is easy to outmanuvre.

When it comes to CC yes sure it shreds lots of units, but chances are that you are mostly going to be feeding on stuff he wants you.

But its fun ^^

10. Revered_Guardian
    Troglodon

Revered_Guardian New Member

I find that a good counter versus flying lords is blade of realities... you hit the mount with it while the rider is eaten by your wonderful carnosaur-atleast in theory, as Im playing a slaan list (as soon as I get out to buy one!)

11. Glorystorm
    Skink

Glorystorm New Member

The carnosaur is faced with a huge handful of problems, the most notable one being his huge lack of manouvreability

Remember that in the 7th ed rules, anything with US 5 or greater can be picked out of units for missiles, this includes cannonballs and bolt throwers.

Also ive seen the talk of dragon killing mentioned, it is very true that the carnosaur and BoR combination is fantastic for taking out monstrous mount characters. anything which flies can pick their charging targets, and this means a dragon can just swoop straight over any ranked units and generally just ignore it for the entire game.

However even if your carnosaur does get in combat, unless your playing against a very poor player, it will be the dragon which charges, and any charging lord on dragon is going to smash the oldblood and/or carnosaur apart before you even get to strike back.

And lets not also forget that it becomes frenzied after inflicting a wound, so a player can kamikaze some dryads or goblins into him and then keep him running around the map all game.