1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. your 1500 pts death slann build

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by Ferocious, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Ferocious
    Temple Guard

Ferocious New Member

so i m looking for a tooled up 1500 pts battles slann with lore of death, early bsb sniping and make sallies win the game

i came up with
    Slann
    Rumination, Conciousness
    plaque of tepok
    obsidian trinkit
    bane head

what is yours guys?

2. Rhodium
    Kroxigor

Rhodium New Member

I don't play any games that small but when I run double slann,

My death slann is

Rumination
    Plaque of Tepok
    Banehead

So with the extra points you have given the slann protection against non magical attack and MR1, so even more protected.
    Reckon that is possibly one of the strongest load outs

3. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

I think coupling the Bane Head with Death is the basics of a good Death Slann. Very likely auto-kill any BSB so long as he is wounded. Another good idea is to take the Banner of Swiftness as a BSB or TG magic banner to help negate the relatively short range of Death magic. Haunchi's Totem on the TG and Banner of Swiftness on the Slann would also be a good combo for a Death Slann.

4. Ferocious
    Temple Guard

Ferocious New Member

so it would be wise to not go for a ethereal slann, but still bunker him in the tg unit?

5. Eladimir
    Salamander

Eladimir New Member

At 1500 agreed ethereal in a unit of 10 skinks might be better for such a low point total. With that costly of a slann and TG theres really not alot of points left for anything else.

6. Ferocious
    Temple Guard

Ferocious New Member

what should i use the points for the tg for than, any tips?

7. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

At 1500 points, I'd definitely take the Temple Guard myself. With only a maximum of 375 points spent on the Slann you can't afford as many defensive add-ons that you could at higher points levels. You are going to want at least two solid blocks of infantry at this points level. I don't see why not make one of them Temple Guard. Since Temple Guard can take magical banners you can give the Slann the benefit of the Standard of Discipline (for Spirit Leech) and not have those points count against the Slann's 375 point max.

8. Irish_Lizard
    Saurus

Irish_Lizard Member

The reason for not taking temple guards is simple, the slann has no miscast protection(so will blow the temple guard to kingdom come at least once a game) and purple sun which is by far the strongest spell in the lore is better cast from a nice safe skink bunker(So the slann gets a LOS) due to the risk of misfiring and wrecking your expensive I2 unit. Skinks are cheaper than TG and I4, skrimishers can also march the slann 8" in any direction which is nice.
    I'd either go for feedback scroll, bane head and bsb with rumination or rumination, higher state, bsb and bane head.

PS. Spirit leech uses the highest UNMODIFIED leadership in the unit so the standard of dicipline does nothing in that regard.

9. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

The FAQ has recently been changed.

10. Dreyer
    Cold One

Dreyer New Member

But spirit leech is not a leadership test. that FAQ really caused more problems than it solved.

11. Ferocious
    Temple Guard

Ferocious New Member

since at 1500 pts , playing with a slann in skinks, i wont be bringing any combat units, would it be worth getting a bsb than , or use the points for something else? =)