1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion Your favorite fluff bits

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by Lycanthrope, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Lycanthrope
    Saurus

Lycanthrope New Member

Yes, I want to hear about them!

The fluff and therefore the "feel" of the different armies is what drives me to make a pick. Imho, our AB contains exceptionally awesome characters and pieces of fluff, and they are the main reasons for why I picked lizzies as my whfb army (and orks for 40k I might add).

Anyway, my three favourites are:

The Mace of Ulamak, which is only a small text on the same page as Gor'Rok. It states that the mace of Ulamak is a gigantic club which saurus leaders hit each other with if they have any disagreements concerning what to do in a battle. The one who falls down first loses the argument. Epic!

Mazdamundi, mainly the ending of his story. After going out with all his cohorts and razing a human settlement, he calmly returns to his temple city without a second thought to "contemplate the secrets of the universe" or something to that effect. To me, that just epitomizes how slann work.

Lastly, there is a story in the fluff-only pages about two slann arguing about whether or not to shift the continents. All the other slann are sort of standing aside, but the two who are arguing telepathically create storms, earthquakes and make all lustria's animals go bananas. Finally, the pyramid of the slann who was against the moving of the continents collapses over him, the continents are moved, thousands all across the world die, and the remaining slann are all like "cool".

That is what I love about our lizzies.

2. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

Chakax story about when he defeats the keeper of secrets...

Pretty much like this:
    KoS laughs and licks his mouth, chakax is completely still standing in front of the dying slann. 1 blink of an eye later the KoS is dead and chakax haven't even moved... Then he friggin' picks the slann up! And goes back to the temple city...
    Now if I remember that correctly that's how it says... Awesome... He's like, "I came, I didn't do a shit, I saved the day"

Cheers!

3. Lycanthrope
    Saurus

Lycanthrope New Member

The guy is badass!
    Just read the battlereport from the feb. WD. Chakax gets challenged by Karanak while guarding Kroak, and Karanak sort of gets crushed before he can even even make a hit ^^

4. Barotok
    Terradon

Barotok New Member

I thought I remembered reading that Chakax stood immobile next to the Slann's body until a rescue party arrived a significant time later?

5. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

Maybe so... As I said
    Cheers!

6. novatomato
    Razordon

novatomato Member

my favourite bit of fluff is about Ulha'Up the eccentric Slann Voyager travelling around the world searching for treasures stolen from Lustria. The his palanquin breaks down and he orders his temple guard to carry him around.
    Piggy Back ride on a Temple guard. Got to make an hilarious conversion piece.