1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 1000pt Skink list

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by DeadlyRecluse, Dec 11, 2016.

1. DeadlyRecluse
    Chameleon Skink

DeadlyRecluse Well-Known Member

Hey guys, this is my 1000pt skink list. I'm not the greatest player so any criticism is welcome

Leaders
    Skink Chief (60)
    - Golden Sickle
    Skink Starpriest (100)

Units
    Skinks x 20 (160)
    - Boltspitters & Star bucklers
    Skinks x 10 (80)
    Ripperdactyl Riders x 3 (140)
    Skinks x 10 (80)

Behemoths
    Stegadon (260)

War Machines

Battalions
    Shadowstrike Starhost (120)

Scenery

Total: 1000/1000

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Solid list, but at 1000 points you only need two battleline so I would probably go with 2 units of 20 skinks instead of the 20/10/10.

3. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

I'm torn on this.
    At 1000 pts, the possibility to field a formation as the shadostrike, with all its goodies, can really give a huge boost.
    On the other side, it's a privilege that costs 120 pts... a whole unit of chama skinks. Or 2 salamanders.

Bowser likes this.
  4. Iblitz
    Chameleon Skink

Iblitz Well-Known Member

From my side, i'll 30/10 skinks, just to be sure that the skill bonus they get stand a bit. + chief ability.

Bowser likes this.
  5. DeadlyRecluse
    Chameleon Skink

I don't have any of those models, I'm planning on converting a pile of regular blowpipe skinks to chameleons once I get my greenstuff, as for salamanders I'm currently trying to find some nicer looking models than the most recent gw ones as I can't stand the look of the current gen( I might try and find some of those sail backed salamanders that I've seen around here)

Bowser likes this.
  6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Yeah, I see the problem of a lack of models. At this point go with your list. ;)

Anyway i agree that the sallies with back sails are cool : i am glad i have three of them.

Bowser likes this.
  7. scubrat
    Temple Guard

scubrat Well-Known Member

The perks added to ripperdactyls alone make the shadowstrike worth it! Without it, from that list, the only thing that can really do damage to any monsters is the stegadon, the ripperdactyls might do a bit, but in the shadowstrike, they're pretty much guaranteed to destroy any monster in their first turn. 2 salamanders to a unit of cham skinks wouldn't do the same.

I like the list, very aggressive, I'd just go for javelins over boltspitters and ditch the shields for moonstone clubs, that'll make them even more aggressive.

DeadlyRecluse and Bowser like this.
  8. DeadlyRecluse
    Chameleon Skink

Problem is my bf is usually playing destruction so he can usually move most of his units up about 12in a turn, I tried javelins and found that I really need the extra range. Otherwise he just charges me with boarboys over and over and crushes my whole unit in just a few turns

Bowser likes this.
  9. scubrat
    Temple Guard

scubrat Well-Known Member

Well then I'd definitely go for the javelins! Those boarboys likely have a +2 to charge with the horn, with the blowpipes at maximum range, they could move 7" away from you and then all they need to roll for a charge is a 5, unlikely to fail. The javelin will make a slight difference before they charge, if you have the skinks in a unit of 30 (which I think is a good idea), against the boarboys rerolling 1s you'll do 9/10 wounds on them on average. With moonstone clubs, depending on the size of the boarboy unit, you could potentially destroy them. Remember that skinks are also weary fighters, so you could always make them retreat instead of pile in and potentially save a few if the boarboy unit is big.

Bowser likes this.
  10. DeadlyRecluse
    Chameleon Skink

So I finally had a chance to give this list a test drive and I have to say I'm impressed. The rippers do a lot more than I expected even using the rule of one from the GHB. Same as the chameleon skinks. Their ability to pop up wherever you want every turn makes heroes, wizards and totems a non issue ( RIP double bloodsecrators). And the stegadon did great work holding off reavers with its flamethrowers. All in all I really like this list, and honestly can't think of anything I would currently change besides my strategies when playing with them

Bowser, Seraphage and MerciaBear like this.