1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 1500 alpha strike tourny list

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Xillan, Sep 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Xillan
    Skink

Xillan Member

Hey I'm new around here and the last tourny I played I got cheesed by all sorts of smelly cheeses. This is a new list for me but I thought I could consult with you guys in hopes of not getting completely mashed into lizard goo this time around.

I figure with the rippers, extra c-skinks and oxy, that I can hit pretty hard on an alpha strike, knocking out critical support wizards or generals, then pop up elsewhere for objectives or whatever. I plan to keep the priest close to basty for the save re-roll, and use the starseer re-rolls to make sure the blessings go off, or use the re-rolls to make sure the salamanders hit.

Cant decide on casting mystic sheild on basty, or curse of fates on whatever nasty monster they throw at me first.

Skink Starseer
    Skink Priest w/ trappings
    Skink Chief (general)
    Bastiladon (with laser)
    Skinks 2 x 10 (battline)
    Rippers x 3
    C-Skinks 2 x 5
    Salamander x 2
    Oxyotl
    Shadowstrike

Itepixcauh, Warden and Bowser like this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

You don't have a lot of heavy hitting power, the shooting is great but you only really have the rippers and bastiladon to fight. Curse of fates will usually be as good or better than casting mystic shield. For an alt, and I know it's going to change up some tactics, but starpriest instead of priest would give you both mystic shield and curse of fates.
    Skink builds are a bit easier at 2000-2500 to pull off, but aside from having to avoid melee you have a decent build here.

Xillan likes this.
  3. Xillan
    Skink

Xillan Member

Thanks so much for the reply. do you think if I took out 5 c-skinks, one sally, and replace them with 3 korxigors, I would have a more balanced army with a little more heavy hitting?

Bowser likes this.
  4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Tough call to make, gives you some melee, but takes away from the great shooting. But it gives a legitimately hard hitting hammer to the bastiladons anvil.

Xillan likes this.
  5. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Hello! :)

Don't do it.
    If you need points, avoid to field Oxyotl: he's costly and he's less useful than 5 chama (he doesn't have tha starvenom, and to gain the bonuses he needs to stay immobile for a turn, a thing you don't want).

That said, yes, you need more durable combat power, especially considering the fact that rippers are a glass cannon / suicide squad, and they are going to die.
    Be aware that your skink chief probably won't buff the chama, neither the Rippers (the buff goes in the hero phase, and those units pop in the move phase), but you have the basti and every bonus for your main tank is golden.

Xillan and Bowser like this.
  6. Xillan
    Skink

Xillan Member

Thanks much for the reply. You're probably right about Oxyotl, I'll cut him from the list. I just used Oxy in my last game and he was underwhelming. Too bad because I love the little guy :( Maybe add my other salamander and handlers, the salamanders rend is really helpful agaisnt big things.

Bowser likes this.
  7. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Me too.
    Listen, if you want to use him, you could do it in bigger games, when you will have also a Slann. Oxyotl is a hero skink, so he can work as arcane vassal, that will let your slann to cast really near the enemy.

Bowser likes this.
  8. Itepixcauh
    Carnasaur

Itepixcauh Stranded Ghekkotah Staff Member

I'm curious, what do you equip your Skinks with?

Xillan likes this.
  9. Xillan
    Skink

Xillan Member

Thanks Killer Angel, good advice, I will save Oxy for larger games.

Itep, , I had one with spears and one with boltspitters. The spear skinks & kroxies huddled around the starseer and priest as a meat shield and to protect them from flying units, because I was fighting flesh courts, so they can't just fly right up to the starseer and priest, they have to wipe out the skinks first. Might switch both to spears next game, boltspitters never seem to get many wounds out... especially in units of 10 skinks. What do you think?

Bowser likes this.
  10. Itepixcauh
    Carnasaur

Itepixcauh Stranded Ghekkotah Staff Member

I think the same, boltspitters with +5 to wound are very frustrating.

I also only use skinks and Kroxys, and your list seems really solid, i might try it out.

Bowser and Xillan like this.