1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 1500 pts matched play list help

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by ThorZuul, Jan 17, 2017.

1. ThorZuul
    Jungle Swarm

ThorZuul New Member

Hi, I'm new to Age of Sigmar and my friend and I were hooked after playing against each other with the Seraphon and skeleton horde start collecting boxes. We're now planning for a 1500 pts game using matched play rules. I have settled on the following list but am having trouble settling on the final 240 pts. I've been lurking for a couple weeks now and hoped this community might have some suggestions.

Leaders
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One (100)
    - General
    - Trait: Legendary Fighter
    - Artefact: Relic Blade
    Skink Starpriest (100)
    - Artefact: Talisman of Blinding Light

Battleline
    5 x Saurus Knights (120)
    - Blades
    - Seraphon Battleline
    5 x Saurus Knights (120)
    - Blades
    - Seraphon Battleline
    5 x Saurus Knights (120)
    - Blades
    - Seraphon Battleline

Units
    6 x Ripperdactyl Riders (280)
    5 x Chameleon Skinks (120)
    5 x Chameleon Skinks (120)

Battalions
    Firelance Starhost (60)
    Shadowstrike Starhost (120)

Total: 1260/1500

My thoughts were:
    1) 240 pts - Skink Starseer + Tehenhauin
    2) 200 pts - Skink Starpriest + Skink Priest (probably stay 40 pts under for triumph instead of adding a unit of handlers)
    3) 240 pts - Increase one unit of Knights by 5 and one units of Chameleon skinks by 5.

I'm leaning toward the Skink Starseer and Tehenhauin since the re-rolls from Starseer seem really strong and getting priestly rites from Tehenhauin should be helpful.
    The second Starpriest does seem strong though since buffing the Saurus Knight's Bites with the Serpent staff can really up the damage.

My opponent will be playing a death army probably with Arkhan the Black, a Zombie Dragon (no rider), Wight King, Necromancer, Black Knights, and some skeletons. I figure the Shadowstrike force will probably try to assassinate Arkhan on the first turn and then I will try and prioritize the Wight King and/or Zombie Dragon.

Any suggestions on which option for the last 240 pts or other suggestions are welcome. Since we're just starting we're planning on proxying a few models so feel free to suggest anything if you think there's a better army. I was planning on avoiding any Bastiladon super cheese for this game but I'm open to suggestions.

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Drop the scar vet on cold one for scar-vet on carno, toss in a unit of skinks, or Tehenhauin or something to that effect.

3. ThorZuul
    Jungle Swarm

ThorZuul New Member

The Scar-vet on CO command ability seemed to synergize better witht the Knights but the Carnosaur certainly should be able to get in a little more damage. Thanks for your suggestion!

Bowser likes this.