1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2000 point Grand Tournament List

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by LordRibbit, Nov 4, 2016.

1. LordRibbit
    Temple Guard

LordRibbit Well-Known Member

Hi all, first post here got a tournament coming up in Jan and would like thoughts on this list? Trying to put out a tough durable army to grind people down with. c&c more than welcome :)
    Slann (260) General
    Engine of the Gods (240)
    Saurus Eternity Warden (140)
    Saurus Guard x 10 (200)
    Saurus Guard x 10 (200)
    Saurus Guard x 10 (200)
    Stegadon (260)
    Bastiladon (300)
    BATTALIONS
    Eternal Starhost (80)
    Thunderquake Starhost (120)

Bowser and Buldi like this.
  2. Buldi
    Saurus

Buldi Active Member

Oooohhh daaamn! I love this list! Tryed that a couple of times and it went great!

LordRibbit and Bowser like this.
  3. shole
    Skink

shole Member

As you can see at the Thunderquake battalion u need One unit of Kroxigors or One unit of Razordon/Salamander with handlers. Removing 5 guards would do to use a razor/salamander set.

Buldi and Bowser like this.
  4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Great list but as @shole said, you can't have the Thunderquake without the small guy tax. So once you put Krox ir a razordon in there perfectly legal and killer.

Buldi likes this.
  5. LordRibbit
    Temple Guard

I'm thinking of dropping the thunderquake starhost and getting a skink starpriest in instead, leaves me 20 points under but will give me benefits at the tournament against 2000 point armies :)

Bowser likes this.
  6. shole
    Skink

shole Member

This is one way to go. I use this guy next to my bastiladon and so far did well. having a unit of guards near him can add the serpent staff extra dmg. In my opinion drop 5 guards and add a salander/razordon for the 100 pts. You drop the model count by 1 and u have 1 extra wound. I use the lalamader vs elite armys and the razordon for horde less armor enemys. Use both solutions and compare the results. Inthe end use whetever makes you feel better.

Bowser likes this.
  7. LordRibbit
    Temple Guard

Never used razordon/salamanders before what are they like?

8. shole
    Skink

shole Member

I use the salamander as a filler for 60 pts in a 1000pts games. I was a bit unlucky with the rolls. If u fail 1 dice it is useless as it have 1 attack. If u do the rolls though (with the -2 rend its wound most of the times), a d6 dmg with the extra d3 mortal if u roll a 4, is just a killer.

Bowser and LordRibbit like this.
  9. LordRibbit
    Temple Guard

I've had a practise game and adjusted my army slightly, think the thunder quake is a bit of a points sink at 2000pt list level
    Slann (260) General
    Engine of the Gods (240)
    Saurus Eternity Warden (140)
    Saurus Guard x 10 (200)
    Saurus Guard x 10 (200)
    Saurus Guard x 10 (200)
    Bastiladon (300)
    Chameleon skinks (240)
    Eternal Starhost (80)

I'm going to leave 140 for summoning, have 5 different match ups so it gives me some good options to try and counter different lists, also if my eternity warden dies can i summon him back with my points thus keeping my formation benefits?

Bowser likes this.
  10. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

I think when you summon the warden he is a new one and not part of your existing formation.

Seraphage, Buldi and Bowser like this.
  11. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Crowsfoot is right about the summoned warden. He will give you "only" the standard buffs. ;)

That said, keep in mind that guards and eternal starhost can be a really strong defensive formation, however your list got some weak points:
    - you are sloooowwwww. And Bastiladon is slow also. You have plenty of slow anvils: basically, your only fast units are the chama skink (2x5, i suppose?). Against faster armies and in certain scenarios, the risk to lose by objective points is strong.
    - your pricey guards will suffer a lot from mortal wounds armies. I bet you'll face some of them in a tournament.
    - The same can be said if you face some heavy firing power (dwarfs + empire: 4 high rend cannons, Steam tank and Hurricanum. Your skinks cannot kill ALL the crews).

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    Buldi and Bowser like this.
  12. Buldi
    Saurus

Buldi Active Member

Yeah, most tournament scenarios are all about tzking points. Some flyers would be a nice addition. I know itwill mess with your conception od the army, but consider some cheap screen made of skinks.

Bowser likes this.
  13. LordRibbit
    Temple Guard

I'm thinking of dropping 5 guard and taking either 10 skinks or saurus warriors and more than likely go for some rippers instead of my summoning pool, thanks for all of the advice guys and gals coming up with a balanced list is tricky!

Bowser and Buldi like this.
  14. King Lizard
    Jungle Swarm

King Lizard New Member

THIS %100
    eternal starhost is amazing but super slow, been losing ever since running it.
    So im 1000 points in the hole with my Basti and starhost. Whats the best way to spend the other 1000 to get it speedy?

Bowser likes this.
  15. Buldi
    Saurus

Buldi Active Member

Shadowstrike starhost. Chama skinks, rapedactyls and two units of guard for battleline. Plus heroes.

Bowser likes this.