1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. 2000 pts. beast heavy !

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by OldBlood-Gar92, Jun 12, 2008.

1. OldBlood-Gar92
    Skink

OldBlood-Gar92 New Member

Greetings, my friends, this is my army, i've all the models from here, unless a salamanders, but say whats on your mind:

1x Oldblood + Carnossauros + scimitar of the sun resplendent + maiming shield + light armour + blessed spawning of Tepok, Quetzl, Itzl = 492 pts.

1x Skink Priest + Daidem of power = 100 pts.

15x Sauros Warriors + musician + standard bearer = 198 pts.

15x Sauros Warriors + musician + standard bearer = 198 pts.

10x Skinks, Scouts with blowpipes = 70 pts.

10x Skinks with blowpipes = 60 pts

3x Kroxigors = 174 pts.

3x Kroxigors = 174 pts.

3x Salamanders = 195 pts.

1x Stegadon = 235 pts.

Total: 2000 pts.

I also need some help (really bad :/) about paiting all these guys, if you can, help please.

Thank you, in advance.

2. SohCahToa
    Kroxigor

SohCahToa New Member

looks like a good list, I would suggest switching the diadem for 2 dispel scrolls though...6 dispel dice wont help you against the game changing spells. I would also suggest trying to find some room for terries as your going to need to mage hunt and deal with war machines

3. OldBlood-Gar92
    Skink

there's a thing wrong , a skink unit of 10 shouldn't be there... but , yhea i would like to put a unit of terradons but its difficult to get points over there. maybe take out the unit of skinks scouts and one salamander, and put 3 terradons, and more 6 skinks divided by the three units.

4. OldBlood-Gar92
    Skink

I was thinking and my friends dont play almost with no magic at all (there magic sucks) so take a look at the list that i am thinking:

1x Oldblood + Carnossauros + scimitar of the sun resplendent + maiming shield + light armour + blessed spawning of Sotek, Quetzl, Itzl = 492 pts.

15x Sauros Warriors + standard bearer = 192 pts.

15x Sauros Warriors + standard bearer = 192 pts.

3x Kroxigors = 174 pts.

3x Kroxigors = 174 pts.

3x Terradons = 105 pts.

3x Salamanders = 195 pts.

1x Stegadon = 235 pts.

Total: 1999 pts.

I took the preist, and change the Tepok, for Sotek. i took the skinks scouts but those 4 units of 10 are real. Put the 3 terradons, and let the salamander. oh and i took the musicians from the sauros units. good ?

5. SohCahToa
    Kroxigor

SohCahToa New Member

Is your normal oppoenents' magic really THAT bad? I mean the list looks beautiful and all, but who are your regular opponents? Dwarves?

6. OldBlood-Gar92
    Skink

yhea, dwarfs and nurgles. so i dont have to be afraid of their magic at all. i think the list is pretty cool :D

do you have any ideas for painting those lizardmen? is that, i dont like the normal scheme of colours of GW, so i want to change a little bit ..

7. SohCahToa
    Kroxigor

SohCahToa New Member

Nurgle has pretty good magic...but it isnt too hard to just throw in a priest now and then.

Although this is off topic for this board, I would suggest you peruse the pics of armies from the past grand tournaments and major rogue tournaments. Such color schemes include my favorite, which works from a basecoat of vermin brown to bleached bone w/shadow grey to skull white highlights. It gives your Saurus a very bright appearance, and allows for an inverse contrast between the normally eye-catching burnished gold weapons. Alternatively, I have seen painters use a color scheme remenicent of the oriental dragons seen in Japanese Ukiyo-ge (saturated and simply contrasts of bright red bodies and green/blue/turqoise scales, etc.), although this is a scheme which suits a more detailed and intensive process. Beyond this, simply browsing through pictures of lizards and newts/salamanders on the web or in a zoology book should give you several ideas for a more natural palette.

8. OldBlood-Gar92
    Skink

SohCahToa, thanks very much man ! this helped me a lot really ! last one, do you think the army is good ?

9. SohCahToa
    Kroxigor

SohCahToa New Member

Well, Im assuming that you are working from the ground up to reach this list. Based upon this assumption, I would say that your list is not only good, but in it is the flexibility to expand easily and naturally. You have managed to fit many components of our list into a coherent force. That said, I still think that you will need a skink priest, but you can go without it and see how it goes. After all its just one model that would need to be thrown in.

P.S. Also, although having 9 attacks on the charge is really great, I would suggest dropping either the maiming shield or the BSoS in order to get your Oldblood a ward save (aura of Quetl) or a better armor save (enchanted shield). A greater degree of survivability that can translate into less CR given and less successful potshots will be more important than one more attack in a round.

10. OldBlood-Gar92
    Skink

i took the maiming shield, and put the aura of quetzl and the enchanted shield, so it have 12 attacks with the carnossauros on charge, and 1+ saves, and 4+ ward saves on 5 or more of strength. I think he is pretty good !
    i have few questions.. isnt it better the glyph necklace (+5 ward) then aura of quetzl? and do i get any save because oldblood is riding a carnossauro ?

11. SohCahToa
    Kroxigor

SohCahToa New Member

Sorry that I missed this post.

(1) You do not get an additional armor save when riding a monsterous mount. The idea is that, as the monster can be killed without the rider dying, the protection of a mount normally represented by a +1/+2 to armor save is represented by the randomization of hits.

(2) I normally suggest the Aura of Quetzl over the Glyph Necklace, but this becomes especially more true when it comes to an oldblood on a carnosaur. This is because, being on a monsterous mount, the Oldblood will be targeted by a higher proportion of cannonballs, bolt throwers, and general war machine nastiness. Normally, the 1+ AS will protect you from most wounds. It is when this 1+ AS is reduced that you get a situation where you rely more upon your wardsave. Hence, the Aura of Quetzl is generally better against ranged fire, which is the kind that a Oldblood on a Carnosaur should be most worried about.

12. OldBlood-Gar92
    Skink

Thanks man! you've been a brother to me :)

Last Question, if my Old Blood get 5attacks after all the saves and wards, i continues the combat without the carnie ? my question is, if the carnossauros die, the OldB continues fighting ?

13. SohCahToa
    Kroxigor

SohCahToa New Member

Im not sure I understand your post...if you could rephrase it that would be great.

14. OldBlood-Gar92
    Skink

Sorry about that :(

Ok, my question is, if the carnossauros dies, my OldBlood continue in the game without the carnossauros ?