1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

24 hour painting challenge anyone?

Discussion in '24 hour painting challenge log' started by strewart, Jun 8, 2010.

1. lizardninja
    Temple Guard

lizardninja New Member

2. Chamen
    Skink

Chamen New Member

I'm from Finland.

3. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

I'm from Sweden, GMT+1.

Cheers!

4. Dren Dorrin
    Jungle Swarm

Dren Dorrin New Member

Hello all, I am going to show an interest in this. I will certainly be trying to participate! I cannot confirm that I will be free on the 10th-11th July but I'll be making an effort to keep it clear for this.
    I have a ton of Mantic Undead to paint and assemble. This would appear to be a great opportunity/excuse for some time aside to get some more done.
    Thanks to my Host!
    Dren

UK (GMT)

5. Suppe
    Kroxigor

Suppe New Member

if only the world was flat and spinned like a coin around the sun... would make everything so much easier.... Denmark so I guess GMT +-0??? same as Paris

6. Wolf
    Kroxigor

Wolf Member

GMT +1 as well I think ;)

7. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

I tried painting from 00:00 to 9:00am today. Kind of failed as I started painting around 4am and stopped and failed to remain awake longer than 5am, I only got 4 red buttons painted too...
    I got a way to go if I'm to participate in this! :D

Cheers!

8. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

It has been brought to my attention that the date we picked is the final of the world cup. Is that going to effect many people? I am personally happy to paint and watch at the same time, however, I realise some people may well have events and such planned for it.

Looks like we have a lot of people around the same zone, which is good. Should be able to get a decent group started around the same time. I might try to start a little bit later so I am not 8-9 hours ahead, and maybe those in the US can start a bit early.

9. Suppe
    Kroxigor

Suppe New Member

Well I don't care about soccer and our team has been doomed by the news so we probably won't make it far... and I normally watch TV and paint..

10. lizardninja
    Temple Guard

lizardninja New Member

It won't affect me I don't really care aabout football :)

11. Chamen
    Skink

Chamen New Member

^
    Same, same

12. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

Sweden didn't even get into the finals... He, hehe... :D

Cheers!

13. strewart
    OldBlood

Ok guys time to pin this thread. 2 weeks until the challenge! Time to start thinking about what you want to paint and maybe get a bit assembled and undercoated so you are ready to hit the ground running when it starts. Feel free to begin posting lists of what you hope to finish.

There will be little award trophies to put in your sig for everyone who goes through with this, and I'll talk with Sammy and maybe we can give a custom title or section on your profile for people who finish.

I have also organised a (quite basic) little chatroom so you can talk during the whole thing. I'm currently working on embedding it either in this post or somewhere on the board. I will see about recording the entire chatlog and posting it after for anyone interrested in the crazy ramblings. I am also available on msn and skype if people want to use that instead/as well.

I'm looking forward to it! Hopefully I will get a massive amount of lizards painted up.

14. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

Hm, crazy idea...but it sounds pretty good to me :p

I hope you don't have to be able to paint well?...
    But, a painted model is a painted model for me :)

I'll be keeping my eye on this thread. But, I don't quite know if I will make it due to several reasons,
    -Football final (comes with some alcohol usually, which usually doesn't keep you awake for any time longer)
    -Work, as a waiter you have hours to make...and I don't now my schedule yet, but I'll see what I can do.
    -Going out, sorry if this insults you: But my private life has priority...;)
    -Other stuff that comes in between.

So, I'm quite sure that I'll be logging in (to whatever medium we're using) but really joining. I don't know!

The Hunted

15. Kajchi
    Skink

Kajchi New Member

This sounds really interesting! Now to persuade my parents to let me stay up 24 hours with some guys from the internet :p. I'll see what I can do.
    GMT +1 btw Belgium ftw

16. strewart
    OldBlood

Heh, damn real life hey Hunted? I don't mind at all if people want to just participate for a while and do a 12 or even 6 hour challenge for themselves, or as you say just pop in and see how people are going. Its meant to be more of a fun event than a serious competition.

Tabletop quality is about what you can expect when you are painting at 5am with no sleep. From experience, I find it best to paint characters first and/or when it is really late, focus on getting models basecoated/washed/drybrushed and basically mostly finished except for final touches. If you get 30 roughly done rather than 20 finished with fine details thats still a great achievement, and a big help.

With 8th edition literally around the corner, in fact I think released on the weekend of the challenge, it is a good chance to get an army ready or modified for 8th battles. :)

Kajchi, good to see new people joining too! Good luck with your parents. Just don't let them know. I can certainly imagine 'hey mum, can I stay up all night to paint and talk to people on the internet?' may not go down too well!

17. Kajchi
    Skink

Kajchi New Member

God I love my mom! I said exactly what you just suggested I shouldn't and she was all like: "You're crazy, but I guess it's better than staying up al night for gaming" (not that I do this)

Now it's just my dad... xD

18. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

Bless you strewart...bless you....

As for tabletop quality, that's my highest standard anyways :). I'm in this hobby for the gaming/tactics part mostly, painting is...nice. I do like having a painted army on the table, but I just don't mind if they aren't top quality. Each to his own, I guess.

The Hunted

19. lizardninja
    Temple Guard

lizardninja New Member

Oh and im GMT + 0